Helping him

JAZELLE POV

Although it's Saturday, I decided to work on the projects. During lunchtime, I walked out to ask Olivia for lunch but stopped in the hall when I saw a housing plan design done through cardboard and other things.

''What is this?'', I asked.

''This is one of Jonas's projects which is important to him. He's under too much pressure because of this project. For this project, Sara and Jonas are working together, covering one whole housing area'', Olivia explained.

''Both of them worked really hard on this project. Moreover, the rival company is trying to do whatever it takes to spoil their plan'', she sighed.

''Why?'', I was puzzled.

''Few companies were selected to demonstrate this housing plan... so one of the companies is Jonas's university mate, who despises Jonas for being number one in everything. A few times, he tried to insult Jonas in front of everyone. So we are being cautious on this'', she stated.

''Big companies certainly have big things to do'', I shake my head.

I went out to buy lunch but was greeted by someone in the street. He even identified my name.

''I know everything about you. I'm Ollie Hughes, and I'm here to make a deal with you'', he proposed.

''Deal?'', I was puzzled.

''Yes, I'm aware that you need money to give back to your father and also to run your division, so I'm proposing a deal in exchange for something for me'', he smiles.

Wait a minute... did he dig through my details?

''What is it?'', I asked.

''I want Jonas's housing plan...'', he smirked. ''I know that you didn't get along with him and are currently staying with his sister... So what if I give one million in exchange for his housing plan...'', he stated.

Whoa, one million....

Is Money easy for him? He must be really rich!

''I want you to ruin his works, the plan he built to demonstrate'', he added.

''You have a very nice deal, Mr. Hughes. But I'm sorry, I have to reject it'', I said directly.

''What? I can increase the amount if you want'', he was trying to convince me.

''No thanks...Fuck Off'', I rejected.

He grabbed my hand forcefully and twisted my arm behind me when I was about to walk. ''Do you know who I am and what I can do?'', he looked angry.

''Ouch.. Let me go, you jerk!'', I groaned since he gripped my wrist harder.

''Bitch'', he pushed me as I fell to the ground. ''So what if you don't want to help? I have my ways'', he smirked before walking out from me.

Damn that bastard... Standing up, I realized that my wrist was paining like hell.

After having my lunch at a restaurant, I went to see my mother's grave. 

When I go back home, Sara, Olivia, Jonas, and Riley are already inside the house. They looked not ok at all. My eyes caught the housing plan, which had been destroyed.

''Shit, what happened?'', I asked shockingly.

''Someone broke in'', Olivia looked sad.

''Not someone.. I'm sure it's Ollie's work'', Riley looked displeased.

Jonas looked extremely furious like he was going to kill someone today. He walks towards the main door but is stopped by Sara.

''Jonas, don't make any hasty action. We can't accuse someone without having the proof. Later he will take advantage of us using this'', she stated.

''The presentation is on Tuesday evening... Maybe we can put importance on slides and the graphic'', Sara suggested.

Shortly after that, Sara and Riley left Olivia's house. Jonas and Olivia were in the hall, and I entered my room.

I feel sad for them... Olivia told me that Jonas and Sara took five days to complete this plan. But it has been destroyed easily.

After some time, I walk out of my room and hide behind a wall when I see Jonas looking at his destroyed plan. He looked devastated.

''Jaze, I'm going back to my parents' house. I want to help Jonas and Sara with their project. Until we change the new lock, can you stay somewhere temporarily?'', Olivia asked me guiltily.

''Jeez.. I wanted to leave anyway. Don't worry, I will stay at my friend's house'', I told her.

''By the way, do you have the picture of the housing plan?'', I asked.

''Yes... why?'', she asked.

''Just send me'', I told her.

I saw Olivia throwing the plan inside the plastic bag and throwing it near the dustbin. I took the bag and left Olivia's house without anyone realizing it.

My office is the correct place to let me think and do my job. Closing my eyes, I think back to the housing plan that I first saw, the features, the buildings, and so. Thankfully, I bought the necessary items on the way back to my office.

Just like that, I started doing my work. 

*****************************