Care

JAZELLE POV

''What is it about?'', Jonas asks me in a mocking tone.

''Nothing'', I cut off Olivia when she was about to say something. ''Nothing...'', I fake a laugh.

''That's good'', he gives me a sharp look.

He's scary....

Jonas brings us to have our lunch at a 5-star restaurant. It's been quite some time I didn't go to expensive restaurants.

''Oh my God, It's so expensive... what the heck are they cooking with? With a diamond?'', I asked, seeing the prices in the menus.

Olivia chuckles. ''I thought you like this type of restaurant?'', she teases.

''That ends after my high school. Since then I'm saving money'', I frowned.

''For what?'', Olivia asks me while checking the menu.

''I want to buy my own house'', I said proudly. ''I want to live alone happily... happily ever after'', I said in a dreamy voice.

''Good luck...'', Olivia shrugs. ''Now, let's order food.''

''Hell no, let's go to another cheaper restaurant'', I told her.

''Shut up and choose the food. It's my treat'', Jonas rolled his eyes. Suddenly looked upset with something.

''Your treat? Oh, for getting the contract? Alright, I'm going to order my favorite food'', I said happily.

''Hey guys'', someone greeted us from the table next to us. Turning my head to the side, I almost choked when I saw my father sitting at a table next to me. He was casually eating his food. Sara was sitting opposite him.

Quickly I hide my face with the menu.

''Don't tell her I'm here'', I whispered to Jonas and Olivia.

''I think they already know it'', Olivia chuckles. I glared at her.

''Miss, let me take the menu'', saying that, the waiter took out the menu from my face, revealing my face.

''Sara, I miss you...'', Olivia was giving a lovely look which annoyed me. ''What are you doing here? I thought you said you are going to meet a client?''

''Yes'', Sara smiles. ''The client wants us to meet him here'', she replied.

''Yeah right...'', I mimicked her voice.

''Hi Mr. Owen, I'm sorry for the late'', someone greeted dad, and then he took his seat in front of me. When I turned to see him, I saw T's uncle, Omari Green.

''Shit, It's Omari Green.... T's uncle'', I said anxiously.

''Damn, what is he doing here?'', Olivia looked displeased.

''Why do you want to meet me, Mr. Green?'', My father asked directly.

''As you know, Green Tech Enterprise is well-known all around the world. We would gladly want to make a deal with you....Trust me, your company will make a lot of profit by making a deal with us'', Omari stated. ''So I need a request from you'', he started.

''Please disband the Marketing and Creative division of yours that your daughter was handling.'', I was shocked by his request.

''What?'', Sara looked serious. ''How can you request such a thing?'', she asked.

''Sara, let him talk'', Dad interfered. ''Go ahead''

''That division has been making trouble since it was established. It doesn't get you any profit. But I can pay you more each month by modifying the division under my command. Trust me, Mr. Owen... I'm more eligible in handling business'', Omari gives a fake smile.

''Your daughter will let you down if you allow her to handle that division. She's a disgrace to your family'', he added sarcastically.

My expression changed with his words. That's what everyone thinks about me anyway. I'm useless...

Someone grabs my hand. I see Jonas, who holds my hand and signs me, 'it's ok'. He leans towards me as I blink my eyes at his action.

''You are not useless, you just talk a lot'', he whispers in my ear, which makes my blood boil.

''Fuck you, Jonas'', I stuck out my tongue at him. He chuckles. For some reason, he didn't let go of my hand. His hand is really warm and promising.

''You were right; she always let me down'', dad takes a sip from his drink.

Damn, I knew it... he will agree to Omari's deal....

''But at least she much better than you in handling business'', his words shocked me. I turned my sight to my father.

''What?'', Omari's expression changed.

''I know exactly your intentions, Mr. Green. Do you think I will let someone like you handle my company's division? Everyone knows your cruelty. I have my business ethics. Everyone working under my company knows that we value our customers, unlike you'', dad said seriously.

''You have no right to talk about how they are handling that division. I'm pretty sure they are doing good in their way'', his words make me get emotional. ''Moreover, I can't do anything in this matter since I need to wait until they pay off their debt'', dad gives a sharp look as he glances at me, which makes me gulp down the drinks in front of me.

Speaking of the debt....

''I will have to wait until they pay off the debt. However, please don't ever come to us. I don't want to make any deal with your company, no matter what'', he pressed it.

''Let's go, Sara'', Dad stands up from his seat and leaves the place.

Omari spat, he looked like he didn't expect Dad's response.

Serve him right

For the first time in my life, I ate a lot. Thanks to Jonas for treating us. Olivia lefts after lunch. While walking in the street with Jonas, suddenly I feel awkward.

Am I going back to his house? After what I said to him? But he resigned already... what can I expect from him?

''What happened?'', Jonas asked me, probably realizing my expression.

''No... Ummm... I...''

''Look who is here'', I saw Ollie in front of us. ''The loser'', he smirked.

Wait, he's the one who loses the contract, isn't he? That means he's the loser!

''It's all because of you bitch'', he was giving me a firing glare. ''But it's ok... at least you deserved something from me?'', he smiles cynically as he drops his sight on my bandaged wrist.

Suddenly he was thrown away from the ground. I was literally shocked seeing Jonas, who throws a punch right at Ollie's face. Ollie's face turned grotesque in just one punch.

I didn't know Jonas is this much stronger....

But why does he look so angry? 

**************************

Well, seems like things getting better for Jazelle.... ;)