Past Story

Five years back, we went to Dylan's graduation. Jonas was the topper, and he gave an excellent speech. I could only admire him from far since I didn't dare to talk with him. I had a massive crush on him ever since I met him when I was fourteen years old. After a few days of their graduation, Dylan came to talk with me regarding Jonas out of the blue. He told me that Jonas had a crush on me and wanted to know more about me.

I was the happiest girl in the world hearing the news. I should have suspected when Dylan never gave Jonas's number to me or allow me to meet him.

In the end, Jonas and I fell into Dylan's trap. He tricked us for his benefit. It happened suddenly when Dylan persuaded my father to get me to marry Jonas. I agreed instantly since I loved Jonas. Dylan told Dad that Jonas could run a business successfully and benefit dad in every way. Jonas's father's company is on the verge of bankruptcy and needs financial aid, but Dad decided to carry out the marriage.

I was so happy until I saw Jonas's expression change when he saw me at the altar. He doesn't look pleased. I ignored his expression, and we took our vows.

Everything was fine. I thought my life would be better until Jonas confronted me during our first night.

''How could you and your brother tricked me into this marriage?'', he almost shouted at me.

''W...what?'', I stammered, seeing his angry face.

''You knew I loved Sara, but you both cheated me'', he said in a frustrated tone.

Sara? Did he love Sara?

''I married you because my parents requested not to spoil this stupid marriage and wanted to save the company but guess what. I would never accept you as my wife!'', he stated strictly before leaving the room.

I was devastated hearing his words. Without waiting, I barged inside my brother's room to confront the truth from him.

''How could you do this to me?'', I hit his chest many times while crying. All he did was stand like a statue.

''I have no choice, Ok!'', he shouted, which stunned me. ''I love Sara'', his words shocked me. ''When Jonas told me that he's interested in Sara, I couldn't stop myself from feeling angry. He gets everything he wants. And I will always be the second. Dad likes to compare me with him, and I feel like a failure. What do you expect me to do?'', he asked me while holding his tears.

''After my parents' death, Sara is the only person who... take care of me like my mother. Before I realized it, I started to fall in love with her. And I would never give up on her for anyone, including Jonas'', he said firmly.

''Sara rejected Jonas when he asked her for a date since she says she's only interested in her studies. I thought he would give up, but he kept bugging me to talk with Sara. So I had no choice but to do like this'', he said heartlessly.

''You know what... I hate you, Dylan. I'm fucking hate you!!'', saying that, I left his room.

It was all Dylan's scheme to trap us. He was the one who chatted with Jonas as Sara, setting up everything, planning to get me to marry Jonas so that Jonas could not pursue Sara. He was willing to sacrifice his own best friend and sister for Sara.

Wait, did he even think of me as his sister?

Whereas Jonas, his eyes set only for Sara, not me. For the first time in my life, I found out that I was ugly. I hated Sara for getting all the attention. I hate her for everything. But she doesn't hate me like how much I hate her.

I wanted to yell at her for making my life hell. When I walked to her room, I stopped behind the wall, hearing her words. She was inside the room with Jonas's sister, Olivia Vinson. Olivia has been Sara's best friend since secondary school. I didn't know Olivia was Jonas's sister until the marriage.

''You loved Jonas... why the hell you sacrifice your love for her?'', Olivia asked exasperatedly.

''Jazelle likes Jonas since beginning'', Sara said sadly. ''I... c...cannot make her sad'', tears flow from my eyes hearing her words.

''Did she ever think about your feelings? Accept the fact, Sara! She hates you! I bet she purposely tricked my brother into marrying her. After what you went through because of her, you still think about her?'', Olivia shakes her head disappointedly. ''I don't know whether I should pity for you or sympathy for you'', she sighed heavily.

I was walking back to my room with a blank mind. I never liked Sara since my father brought her. I hate her, although she sacrificed her love for me until now. I could never forgive her for getting loved by people around me.

Dylan gets what he wants. He married Sara as soon as she finished her studies. I didn't know what he told dad, but dad agreed with him and talked with Sara. I know she agreed to marry Dylan since she didn't want to disappoint dad, who supported her all the way.

Perhaps dad wants to keep her close to him....

****************

After taking a bath, I walked to the balcony and saw Jonas watching the stars.

''That's surprising.... Don't you want to celebrate your lover's birthday?'', I asked him cynically. ''Sorry, ex-lover'', I corrected. Jonas turned his sight to me, glaring at me with his breathtaking green eyes.

Without saying anything, he walked away from me. I smile. Most of the time, I forget that he's my husband.

On Saturday, Pedro brings me around the place. First, we went to watch a movie. It was boring, but Pedro liked it. He then brings me to the ice cream shop. I loved ice cream, and I enjoyed eating it.

''Thank you... It was nice'', I said while walking together with him.

''Glad you like it.'', Pedro smiles.

****************************