Hurt

JAZELLE POV

In a blink of an eye, I saw Dylan who hugged Sara and took the bullet. He whispers something to Sara who looked stunned.

''DYLAN'', I ran to him.

''Dylan'', Sara holds Dylan in her arms.

''Oh god, Dylan'', I cried.

''S....Sorry'', he raises his hand to my cheek. ''S...sister'', his hand dropped and I saw him close his eyes. I was too stunned to do anything. Tears streamed down my cheeks.

''Dylan'', Jonas was beside me. He checks for Dylan's pulse. ''We need to bring him to the hospital'', he ripped his shirt and wrapped it around Dylan's wound.

Jonas and Riley quickly carried Dylan and walked to their car. We brought him to the hospital. I sat in front of the ICU room, staring at the board blankly. I couldn't think properly.

My mom was brought into the ICU room as well... I still remember the moment when I saw her entering the ICU. She turns her sight to me and smiles. That was the last thing she did before she died.

''Jazelle'', someone called me. I see Jonas beside me. ''He will be fine'', he assured me but he looked worried to death as well.

''You are lying'', I shook my head and started to cry. ''You are lying'', he pulls me in his arms and embraces me. I calmed down after some time. I saw Sara with a guilty face with her bloody hands and she was trembling.

''She needs someone too'', I pointed at Sara. Jonas turns to see Sara. ''Go'', I nodded at him to go.

I saw Jonas talking with Sara; holding her hand; giving emotional support to her. Olivia was beside me whereas Riley sat in front of us.

Jonas told us that he informed my father about Dylan and probably dad is on the way here. Although Dylan is not his biological son, and he's his brother's son but dad raised Dylan as his own son. He must be worried to death.

''Miss Owen, we need to get your statement now'', Detective Andrew informed me. We all gave full cooperation to the detectives. No one saw him except me. 

''We believed it could be one of your father's enemies'', Detective Andrew mentioned. ''We will take a dig into it''

I nodded my head.

It took hours for the doctor to operate on Dylan. I'm starting to get impatient. Dad went on a business trip, so he would probably arrive tomorrow morning.

When the doctor stepped out from the ICU, we all stormed towards him.

''How was him?'', ''Is he OK?'', ''What happened?'', ''Do we need to transfer him to another hospital?'', ''Don't worry about the money, we will pay as much as it costs''

We were asking our own questions simultaneously. The doctor looked puzzled. Now I know, Dylan is loved by everyone. Although he made a mistake once, they all still cared for him.

I'm happy for you, Dylan....

''Ok, first of all, he's still in critical condition'', Doctor's words disappointed us. ''We took out the bullet and he's saved now. But we need to wait until he regains his consciousness'', he added.

Olivia and Riley went back home. Sara, Jonas, and me sitting at different benches; waiting for Dylan. I borrowed a paper and pencil from the staff and started to draw the image that has been playing in my mind.

That man was targeting Sara.

Riley and Oliva came back in the early morning. Jonas then brought me and Sara to his house. I took a bath and when I walked out of my room, my steps halted when I saw Sara's voice in Jonas's room. The door opened and I saw them.