Love

JAZELLE POV

At Riley's office,

''You want to find out about this person's details?'', Riley asked me.

''Yes, this is Diana. I only know her name'', I replied.

''Who is she?'', he asked me.

I sighed. Although Riley seems carefree, he's serious in his work. Thanks to him, the detectives were able to find out who tried to attack Sara. It seems like Sara rejected a client's proposal since the client wanted to gain profits by wiping out the slum areas and illegally doing business. She reported him to the higher officers. So he hired an assassin to kill Sara since he lost many deals because of it. They arrested the assassin and the one who hired him.

''Is it too personal?'', Riley's voice snapped me out.

''Hurmm.. She's my father's ex-lover'', I explained everything that happened between my mom and my father.

''But why do you want to find her?'', he asked me curiously.

''Maybe if I find her for my father, my father can accept me as her daughter'', I shrug. ''Maybe he will be impressed with my action and appreciate my efforts right?'', I asked him.

''Plus, if he wanted to, he could have searched for her after my mom's death but he didn't do so. He's been loyal to my mom until now. And my mom wants him to be happy. So, if I bring her to him now, he can get his happiness'', I stated.

Riley smiles. ''Alright, I will find out about her. And it's free of charge'', he winks.

''Oh My God, really?'', I asked happily.

''Yup, leave your worries'', he patted my shoulder.

''Enough'', Jonas pulls me behind him.

Oh yeah, I forgot he was the one who brought me here....

''He's just jealous seeing us closer'', Riley whispers.

''Let's go'', Jonas grabs my hand and drags me out.

''He's so nice, isn't it?'', I ask Jonas.

''Trust me, I'm nicer than him'', he rolled his eyes. ''He likes to flirt around'', he added.

''Is it?'', I chuckle. ''But I think currently he sets his eyes on one girl only''

''Well, you are correct'', he shrugs.

I smile. I hope Q will be happy with Riley. Seems like something is going on between them.

''Boss, good news... once we finish this project, we can get our payment'', A said excitedly.

''And we can finally pay off our five hundred dollar debt'', I stood up happily.

''Yayyyy'', A and I gave a high fived.

''Don't forget we need to cover your father's company anniversary, which is this weekend'', T raised his brow.

''I have my full faith in you'', I winked. ''Do your best, guys''

Jonas accompanied me to a boutique to select a dress for me for the annual dinner.

''How about this?'', I asked him. He looked up at me.

''Nope, too revealing'', he shakes his head.

''Damn Jonas, you rejected almost every dress here'', I scoffed exasperatedly.

''How about this?'', he pointed to the stunning display gown. Purple off-shoulder long dress.

''It's expensive'', I told him. ''I can't afford it''