Betrayal

NO POV

''I think it's better if you ask your father's explanation. Maybe...'', before Riley finishes his sentence, Jazelle grabs the cheque and her handbag and she rushes out of the office.

''Shit, I don't think she will ask nicely'', Riley cursed under his breath. ''I need to tell Jonas'', he dialed Jonas's number and told him about everything.

Richard is in the meeting room with his higher executives. He gave a short speech to everyone and thanked everyone for their hard work.

''You guys can take leave first'', Richard dismissed.

Everyone left the meeting room. Jazelle barges inside the room just when her father is about to leave the room. Sara and Dylan are behind him.

''Whoa, Jaze, you...'', before Dylan says something, Jazelle throws the cheque at Richard's face.

''Here, your money'', Jazelle said seriously. Riley and Jonas came right at that moment. ''And this is mom's diary'', she threw at Richard as it landed on his chest and dropped down.

''Jazelle, what are you doing?'', Dylan looked serious.

''Guess what, dad... I found out about your ex-lover'', she smirked. ''Oh sorry, Sara's mother'', her words shocked Dylan and Sara. Both of them turned their sight to Richard whose expression changed.

''I know you never loved mom. But I never thought you will act so cheap, dad! No wonder you never cared for me. All you care about is your lover's daughter. Am I right?'', she asked.

''Jazelle!'', Richard looked angry. ''Mind your words!''

''Why should I? Not even one year of mom's death, you brought your lover's daughter in. How cruel are you? Her mother is still alive but you still brought her to your fucking house. Now I know. She's your illegitimate daughter, isn't she? You are a sadist!'', Jazelle said sarcastically.

''Jazelle, enough!", Sara voiced out. ''Don't simply accuse him. You don't know the sacrifices he made for you'', she stated.

''Shut up, bitch. I'm not talking with you'', Jazelle cuts her off. ''I'm talking with a narcissistic, selfish, and a cheater here!'', Jazelle pointed to her father.

''Ok wait, what is happening here'', Dylan looked confused.

''Let me tell Dylan. Our father is in love with someone else but he's a coward who married mom and lives a non-happy life with mom. But mom loved dad wholeheartedly and she even try to find his stupid lover for dad. But dad lied to mom saying that he never found her but the truth is, he's having affair with that fucking woman behind mom. Once mom is dead, he brought the woman's daughter into our house which is, Sara'', I explained.

''Wow Sara, great love story, right? About your parents'', Jazelle said cynically.

''He would never have cheated your mom'', Sara said firmly. ''You need to trust dad on this!'', she defended him.

''I don't want to trust him, EVER!'', Jazelle shouted. ''Mom is everything to me. But he, he has never been there for me. He treated you well but with me? I'm just born out of an accident anyway. You must have been thinking about your lover when sleeping with mom, you son of a bitch'', soon after Jazelle finished, Sara gave a tight slap on Jazelle.

''Stop blaming him for everything!'', Sara looked angry.

''Sara, enough!'', Richard ordered.

''But dad, she...'', Sara's sentence cut off by Richard.

''I said enough Sara!'', Richard warned.

Sara didn't say more but she looked frustrated. Richard turned his sight to Jazelle.

''I never cheated you mother, whether you believe it or not. But I don't need to explain anything to you because you won't believe me anyway. Keep being rebellious, Jazelle'', Richard said seriously.

''You know what dad?'', Jazelle was looking at Richard seriously. ''I wish you died instead of mom. I hate you so much'', saying that she ran out of the room.

Jonas followed Jazelle from behind. 

''You guys go ahead... I will join in a while'', Richard instructed.

Sara and Dylan left the room with Riley. Richard bent down and took the diary as he sat down on a chair.

''Alana'', his expression softens as he caresses the book. ''I'm sorry'', he whispers as he hugs the book.

Sara, who was hiding behind the door, watches Richard's expression.

''Dad'', she looked sad.

Jazelle throws everything in her room. She thrashes everything.

''Jazelle'', Jonas grabs Jazelle's arm and turns her back. ''Calm down!'', he talked.

''Calm down? How can I calm down? He cheated on my mother!'', Jazelle shouted. ''HE.CHEATED.ON.MY.MOTHER!'', she yelled while dropping her tears.

Jonas pulls Jazelle in his arms and embraces her.

''Let me go, let me go Jonas'', Jazelle resisted but Jonas held her in his arms.

''Jazelle, calm down, please'', he whispers.

She stopped resisting and started to cry. ''Jonas, I hate him... I hate him so much'', she sobbed.

''Ssshh... don't talk about it now'', he says softly.

On the other side, Dylan is walking out angrily.

''Dylan, wait.. DYLAN'', Sara grabbed his arm and turned him back.

''Let me go, Sara!'', Dylan looked angry. ''Jazelle was right, he's a sadist!'', Sara crushed Dylan's cheek. Dylan looked shocked.

''Enough, please...'', she cried. ''Just listen to me please'', she requested.

Dylan and Sara were sitting at the bench in the park.

''Richard Owen is not my real father. In fact, I don't know who my biological father is,'', Sara started. Dylan turned to see Sara. ''Mom was devastated after he left her and after she had the miscarriage. She went to a bar and slept with some stranger. That's how I was born. She told me she was careless but she chose to keep me'', she stated.

''She is a good mother to me but she was busy with her social work. She is a doctor and volunteered in many places. So I've been moving from one place to another. That's when Richard dad came to meet mom one day. He's not planning to return to her, trust me, Dylan. But I don't know what they talked about. Mom told me to stay with him so that she can concentrate on her work'', Sara explained.

''I was really young back then and I don't know anything. But I know, dad loves his wife so much'', she turns to see Dylan. ''It's true that dad brought me in but there is a reason why he did that. And until now, I trust him. He didn't cheat on his wife'', she confesses.

''When I heard Jazelle's words, I thought he had an affair with your mother. As you know, my parents died when I was five years old and they adopted me. For me, Alana is my mother. She took good care of me. Although I refused to accept her at first, I realize she's a good person and welcomed her in my life'', he said sadly.

''I'm sorry if I went overboard. I loved her too... Maybe I should have listened to dad's side of the story'', he stated.

''Thank you... for listening to me'', Sara laid her head on Dylan's shoulder. 

****************************