Chapter 2

"Okay with these conclusions, the council meeting is finished for today", Baelz announced while standing up, she sat on a round table with the other members too. Fauna, Sana and Kronii stood up from their chairs and the keeper of nature started talking to the speaker of space, meanwhile the warden of time just went outside, looking a little bit sad. She remembered those moments when Mumei would comfort her and talk to her after the meetings had ended. From those thoughts, Kronii's eyes formed tears, but she didn't let them out yet.

Kronii walked to the library, where normally Mumei would always be. Here, she could cry as much as she wanted to without someone disturbing her peaceful time.

Just how much did the warden of time, the most narcissistic member of them all, miss a mere human that shouldn't mean anything to her ? That girl was so important to her, and yet she had to let go and keep a straight face on in front of the council members. The library was filled with Kronii's sobbing cries now. With her hands covering her face, she let all the frustration, pain and sorrow out from all these months not seeing the sweet brown-haired girl that was always forgetful from time to time.

"Kronii ?", a familiar voice echoed in the library, but it didn't stop Kronii from crying all the bottled up pain she felt out. The person approached the blue-haired girl and found her sitting on a chair, crying hard. The person wanted to interact with Kronii, but instead Kronii stopped time, just like her actions. In a moment, it was only Kronii and nobody else, this was her own safe space, nobody could talk to her, nor did something move, it was pure silence, just what Kronii needed.

The blue-haired girl composed herself and tried to calm herself down. The last tears ran down her cheek to her chin, till they finally fell on the floor, she didn't even feel the urge to wipe her tears away.

"I needed space for myself, and here you are not giving me any space, what a hypocrit you are....Sana", with that, Kronii went away and let time run again, leaving Sana in the library alone.

With this, months passed and time kept its flow, it just kept going on and on, that even years passed.

"It's been so long we have heard about Mumei, do you think she's dead...Chaos ?", Kronii asked calmly, yet a little tone of her voice showed worry, also everyone took a sight on Kronii, who sat on the opposite side of Baelz. The warden's question made everyone silent, she was still thinking about the ex-guardian of civilisation. She even went as far as to bring up that kind of topic during a meeting with not only the council, but also the grim reaper's first apprentice and her friend the phoenix.

"I can't believe you are still thinking about her....Kronii, we are finally making progress in restoring the world, we are making life again on earth, and here you are talking about....Mumei ?", Baelz said in disbelief, standing up from her seat and put her hand on the table. Chaos herself felt dumbfounded by Kronii's question, she felt as if the world restoration wasn't for Kronii's liking, she hated Kronii's attitude a lot.

Kronii looked down, staring only at the council table, awkward silence filled the room once again. Baelz almost attacked Kronii when suddenly a pair of hands grabbed her shoulders from behind.

"No fighting on the council table, nor during meeting Bae, keep your composure", the person calmed Baelz, her soothing voice made the little girl instantly calm and so she sat back on her chair. "I excuse myself for being late to this meeting, but seems like I stopped a fight that was about to escalate", the person looked at Baelz and Kronii, which both of them felt guilty for their childrish behaviour.