Chapter 5

"Kronii, look over there", the brown-haired girl pointed at a valley full of flowers, her soft brown eyes always made Kronii comfy.

"What is it Mumei, oh, you're probably pointing at the flowers instead of the valley right", the warden of time made Mumei laugh whenever she said 'flower' in that one voice. They both were checking the portals around if everything was okay in the world, if humanity was safe and sound and if civilization worked fine.

"Should we go there Mumei ?", Kronii asked with a smile on her face, the guardian of civilization got excited and really wanted to check out the meadow full of flowers.

"Can we go ? Please Kronii", Mumei had a big grin on her face, it made Kronii feel comfort and happiness. Kronii didn't answer to her begging to go there, instead Kronii grabbed Mumei's hand and pulled herself and the guardian through the portal. There they were, the flowers bloomed well today and the pastureland was full of them. Mumei's eyes just shone with pure joy, she was so excited to run through the grass of flowers. There she ran with Kronii standing still and enjoying the view of the brown-haired girl having fun on her own.

"Kronii, come here too, it's very fun to walk through these flowers", Mumei shouted from a distance, waving at the warden of time. The blue-haired woman just couldn't maintain herself and had to walk slowly towards Mumei's direction. Mumei got impatient and ran now towards Kronii, as if they were pulled by some sort of magnet.

"Just why are you so slow, just run through them", Mumei grabbed Kronii's hands with her own and rushed both of them in different direction, stomping on a few flowers during the process.

"Mumei wait, I guess Fauna won't be that happy if she finds out about this", the warden of time warned, going the other way so that they would stop running further. But instead Mumei ran around Kronii, basically spinning her around and made them both accidentally fall down. The two dorks were laughing, laying down next to each other and enjoying the view and the fun they had.

"Whew, that was amazing", Mumei said softly, her eyes were still focusing on the clear blue sky. On the other hand, Kronii was focused on the girl next to her, such a big grin on her face always made warden's mood better.

"Indeed, that was great for once in a long time", commented Kronii, still looking at the brown-haired girl with her blue orbs. Afterwards, it was silent, but it wasn't an awkward one, it was simply a peaceful silence which both of them enjoyed each companies together. Suddenly Mumei turned towards Kronii, which activated Kronii's reflex to look away and blush a little.

"Hey Kronii ?", the guardian spoke out, seemed like she wanted to discuss an important matter with the warden. By the concerning voice, Kronii went back to be her old serious self and looked the girl straight in the eyes.

"What is it Mumei ?", Kronii asked. Without any warning, Mumei grabbed Kronii's hands with her own.

"I wanted to ask you, what is our rela-", suddenly it was pitch black, no sound, no wind or grass, just the complete void. Kronii woke up from her dream, drenched in sweat and tears. She was crying during her sleep, a condition that was completely rare for the warden of time. However, who could she fool, she couldn't lie to herself, she missed Mumei too much, they were near ever since the first day they met.

Kronii wanted to forget about the dream that was a past memory of herself and the ex-guardian of civilization, so she dressed herself for another day as the warden of time and visited the council. There wasn't any council meeting planned, since the incident of Watson finding hints and the final conclusion was still in progress.