Chapter 25

"Any last words, weaklings ?", the guy asked with a disgusting smug on his lips, Laplus and Koyori were terrified this would be the end of their lives. The man finished loading his gun, aiming for the girls' head. Suddenly, the men smelled a strong smell of...they couldn't tell, but it was sweet for sure. Looking at the direction of the sweet fragrance, the white-haired woman had no longer her short hair, but long and wavy instead.

"Guys, if you want me, then shoot yourselves in the head", ordered Reine in a sexy way, even positioning herself more sexily. The men for sure did as she demanded and killed themselves instantly, as they were hypnotized by the smell, Reine had the power to control them as she wanted to.

Even Laplus and Koyori weren't different, they really wanted to do as Reine commanded, but were too tied up to even move or harm themselves. Reine tried to deactivate the fragrance for the small leader and her friend, it took a long time since the woman wasn't used to her new powers yet.

"Wh-what happened here ? Reine ?", Laplus' mind was still blank and not in the right place to realize what happened, Reine just let out a sigh of relief. Koyori acted the same as Laplus, they didn't even react when the tall woman in front of them was untying both of them. Reine had to drag them out of the place, or else they would stay in there forever, trying to clear their minds. As they arrived outside the cave, the clear sky disappeared and was now shining with beautiful stars. Laplus and Koyori's confusion faded and they were present next to the tall woman who saved their lives.

"So you really got your powers that soon", laughed Koyori, giving a soft bump with her hand on Reine's arm, making the woman even rub the place she got hit. Even if they escaped from those awful men, Reine even killed them, Laplus was glad for the woman saving her life.

"Thank you so much Reine", thanked the small leader as she hugged her savior, the pink-haired coyote did the same. As much as Reine wanted to hug them back, the height difference was huge, so they both received a head pat instead.

Back in the council, Kronii and Fauna had a serious conversation. Apparently did Mumei write about Kronii about her on her seventh diary, what could she be writing about ?

"This is Mumei's diary, her past is in there...I try to find out where she could be now and how it even came to that whole escalation of the human world destruction...", Kronii explained further, which made Fauna realize in shock...she read something inside the book she shouldn't.

"W-what is it ? Why you looking at me like that ?", Kronii asked silly, but also confused to why Fauna showed a terrified face in front of Kronii. Fauna kept focusing her eyes on the book, then back at the warden.

"Kronii...you were mentioned inside the book...", Fauna said seriously, Kronii couldn't believe what the keeper was telling her. It took a couple of minutes for the warden to clear her mind, she sat there, finally fully recovered from the energy loss, and all that she had in mind...was what Mumei could possibly write on her seventh diary.

"I...I don't know what she could talk about, she was still a small child back then...", Kronii explained, fear being her number one feeling deep inside her body. Fauna tried to help the warden for sure, but how could she ? Read the whole book for her ? Kronii wouldn't allow that.

"Maybe if you read, you'll find out...", suggested the keeper of nature as she saw how stressed her friend acted. She gave Kronii a soft pat on the shoulder to comfort her, she couldn't do much except for comfort pats and hugs. Kronii thought about it, maybe she should just read and find the truth about Mumei. The warden grabbed Mumei's seventh diary and opened it up, starting back at where she left off.

The past pages and books were about Mumei and her parents surviving poverty and accepting their current place as the lowest class in society. The brown-haired girl even added how people, unknown to her, hated her for no reason. Suddenly after many pages and reaching the second half of the book, just as Fauna told so, Mumei mentioned her...

"Dear Diary, todai found church brokken, wooman ther, blu hair, vewy prety. Wooman heal big clocc, find me, talk to me, my name Mumei, her name Kronii", said the text, just like the other books, the writing wasn't that of a person with high education, the scripture either. Kronii took a piece of paper out of an empty notebook at the library and a pen, she started decoding the sentences in that page. Bit by bit, the warden could translate what Mumei wrote down on her old diary, it took her half an hour to translate the real meaning of it. Kronii tried her best to be quiet, since Fauna dozed off on the couch next to her.

"Dear diary, today I found a broken church, there was a woman with blue hair and is very pretty. The woman was repairing a big clock, she found me and talked to me. My name is Mumei, her name is Kronii...", Kronii whispered as she read her own version of the story. The warden was shocked, mostly dumb, since how could she be so forgetful and forgot how they even met ? Kronii closed the book and covered her face with both her hands, there was no way Mumei would write about their first meeting, or was there a high chance that Mumei meeting Kronii changed her life ? It surely did change, but how far ?

"Man I hope Kronii and Fauna are fine...", said Kiara, the worry she felt was heard clearly in her voice. They were in the meeting room, Kiara and Gura were bored, Calli did her reports as usual.

"Yeah same, I wonder what happened", said Gura back as she was taking a large bite of her soggy pizza. Kiara looked at her in disgust.

"Gura, is that a slice of pizza you let fall on the waterfall inn fifteen minutes ago ?", asked Kiara as she observed the soggy pizza in disgust.

"Yeah it is, what about it ? Pizza is pizza, want some ?", Gura asked while her mouth was still full from the small bite she took from one of the slices of the soggy pizza. Kiara refused, not even having second thoughts. While both of them were talking about random and strange topics, Calli stayed focused on her reports. Suddenly the reaper's apprentice found strange data again, in the outside world, a large of deaths counted right now at the still habited city, the location was clear, each second died at least fifteen people on the almost same location.

"What's wrong Calli ? Why you looking so terrified ?", asked Kiara as she was the first of the two to notice Calliope's fearful expression on her face. Calli faced the phoenix with the same look she had...

"It's back again, it's killing again...", Calliope announced out of breath, those death counts were rising each second like crazy, would even humanity survive till they killed that thing ? At this rate not...

"What should we do ? What can we do ?", asked Gura, she wanted just like everyone stop the monster. Added to the fact that the creature killed Gura's best buddy...yes, she was totally seeking for revenge.

While in the meeting room they talked about the new tragedy...someone woke up. Hope rose up from her double-sized bed, getting an adorable view of her wife. A soft smile formed her lips and she lightly patted chaos on top of the head, which made the girl wake up.

"Hello cutie", said IRyS softly, getting as result a clingy wife around her body. Chaos' tail wagged from one side, to the other as she was extremely happy hope was fine.

"My my, someone is glad I woke up", IRyS said teasingly, Baelz blushed and acted as if she was annoyed. She hugged hope tighter, making the whole moment very important for her.

"Why so tight ? Did you perhaps miss me ?"

"Idiot, don't do this next time"

"Then what am I supposed to do ? Let Kronii die from someone who had negative potential ? What about you huh ? You were far more injured than I had, and you complain about me ? Bae you too much", complained IRyS softly, Bae didn't like this type of conversation, she knew her wife was right. So, instead of talking back, chaos kissed hope's lips passionately, their relationship was always about teasing and fighting, just from time to time, kissing and hugging were very well welcomed. Baelz broke the kiss and gazed into IRyS' eyes, the beauty in front of her, she couldn't forgive herself if she lost her.

"Please promise me to not put yourself in a dangerous situation ever again"

"I can't promise you that, but I sure can tell you, Gura, Fauna and Miko had everything under control to protect me"

"That's good to hear...I really don't wanna lose you, you mean a lot to me and I just...I love you IRyS...", Baelz explained, almost crying from imagining her wife dying from something that happened in the outside world. Instead, she got a kiss planted on her lips, a small one from hope.

"Aww, you are so cute Baeeee", IRyS hugged the rat very tight, she had from time to time her way to show affection and love towards her wife.