Chapter 32

Kronii knew she was sleeping, since she was in her dreamland right now. What was once the dream she had when she was in coma, turned into a nightmare. Kronii stared at a dim weather, the grass field felt dry, more like there was no grass to begin with. She laid on a hard ground, the dry earth seemed like it wasn't watered for a very long time.

"What in the world is happening ?", thought Kronii as she looked straight to the sky, this kind of weather wasn't her favorite at all. Finally, she stood up, realizing at what kind of scenery she was at. Kronii hurried and ran only one way, to the tree, where she had met a certain person. Arriving to the tree, it had no leaves on its branches, it looked dead...but she found the person underneath of the tree.

"Mumei, what happened ?", asked Kronii worriedly. Mumei only turned her body to face Kronii, the warden got only a girl with a sad smile on her face.

"Kronii...I told you already...you going to regret this...", were the only words that escaped Mumei's mouth, Kronii couldn't even say anything back, she felt guilty. The guardian waited getting a reply, but saw...it wouldn't. Instead, she just sat down calmly and gazed at the dim sky, patting the spot next to her...

"Come Kronii, sit down, let's look at the sky together", she suggested, the warden had no other choice as to sit next to her. Just as Mumei told, together, they gazed at the sky, even if it wasn't great weather, Kronii just kept on watching the clouds cover most the sunlight.

"You know, I'm still waiting for an answer...", murmured the guardian, covering half of her face with her thighs and knees, yet her eyes were still visible. Kronii tried to find an answer, but it was hard to talk after everything that happened to her already.

"I'm sorry..."

"Only that ?"

"Yes, I'm sorry...that's the only thing I can tell you right now...", Kronii said, hiding her face from what kind of reaction Mumei would give her. However, instead Mumei just gave her a small sigh and a sad smile.

"It's fine, that outfit looks great on you by the way, I hope we meet each other in the future...", complimented Mumei, making Kronii blush like she never did in her life. Afterwards, they were just quiet, gazing at the sky and looking at the horrible state of the field, a sad sight for both of them. Mumei was just waiting for one thing, Kronii waking up...

The warden remembered in her own dream...she got kicked off the council and banned completely, she might be a normal human...in the outside world on top of that. And yet, she felt so free, so secure as she was sleeping, she didn't know why, but she somehow could feel a second heartbeat next to her. Without a particular reason, she could feel Mumei's heartbeat next to her. She wasn't sure why or if it was really hers, Kronii's was a calmer rhythm than the girl next to her.

"Mumei ?", Kronii said quietly, trying not to scare the guardian away. The brown-haired girl had her eyes closed, she was too relaxed probably, or exhausted, Kronii didn't know. In milliseconds, the girl opened her eyes slowly and calm, gazing directly at her.

"Hm ?", was the only noise the guardian made, it made Kronii slightly blush a little from the cuteness of the person next to her. Both of them were gazing at each other, not sure what to feel right now.

"I...I don't know, but I think I hear your heartbeat, could it be ?", Kronii asked, her blush was still there, but slowly fading as she asked the question in all seriousness. Mumei jumped a little as she heard Kronii asking that type of question, she wasn't sure what to say.

"H-huh ? My heartbeat ? I don't have any...", Mumei tried to talk to Kronii the usual way she used to talk, so that she could hide the fact that she was shocked. Kronii was confused at what Mumei said, the illusion of Mumei inside Kronii's mind was changing the way Kronii thought or desired.