Chapter 34

"Nene, please calm down...", Fauna tried to breathe calmly, she didn't want Nene to lose control or freak out about seeing her friend's name on a tombstone. Fauna kept eye-contact with her, approaching her slowly until she was able to touch her hands. The keeper caressed Nene's hand for calming her a bit down, sadly the only thing Fauna saw was the tears Nene let fall from her cheeks to the grass ground under them.

"I don't understand anything, please explain this to me...I need help recovering from what I witnessed", cried Nene out, muffling noises came out of her mouth as Fauna and Sana hugged her at the same time. Fauna or Sana didn't know what it felt like to lose the most important person forever, they never experienced it and hoped they wouldn't experience something like that too in the future.

"I know you're crying because of your dear friend's death, and of course confused from her body laying here, but we can explain", whispered Sana softly, brushing Nene's hair slowly and softly. Nene kept quiet for a while before she agreed to listen to them.

"Alright, so you see, the council is a safe space for chosen-ones...and where they feel safe, that's where also their dead bodies will be buried instantly here...so even if we would never meet each other, your body will stay here no matter what...this is a sacred place for everyone of us", explained Sana slowly, Nene came to breathe slower, she calmed down. After a while, the girl stood there, still looking at Polka's grave, Sana and Fauna were behind her, remaining silent, respecting the deaths around them. Nene squatted down calmly, touching the fresh made gravestone from her dear friend.

"Thank you for being there for me no matter what, I'll get revenge and kill that thing we struggle to kill together...this time with a bigger team, I promise you that...rest well, Omarun...", the girl stood up, feeling like she had to accept how it is, Polka was dead, she couldn't change it anymore. Nene faced the speaker and keeper, who respected her distance and the time to meet her friend once more, but not alive.

"Thank you so much for understanding this...she meant a lot to me you know, we discovered a lot these days about the creature, so let's go inside, I tell you everything I know", told Nene to both of the council members, they agreed, their mouths stayed closed out of respect and kindness. They walked to the entry of the large building and opened it, leading them to the usual council hallways. Suddenly, they hear shouting all around the hallways, those shouts sounded like panic, they were screaming for Fauna and Sana. Both council members ran towards the screams until they faced the culprit of the hallway shouts, it was Gura.

"Fauna, Sana, good that I found you two"

"What's wrong Gura ? Why you screaming like that ?", asked Sana worriedly, the shark only grabbed the speaker's shoulders, she could feel the shark tremble in panic.

"We have to hurry in the fighting room", Gura ordered, but the two council members stayed confused, not knowing what was going on.

"Please Gura, tell us what it happening", Fauna asked softly, trying to calm the shark down. Unfortunately, the keeper's method didn't work out and made Gura grab Fauna's clothes and pull to herself.

"Bae...Bae and IRyS are fighting", Gura said out loud, making the two finally conscious of what was going on. Chaos and hope were fighting, their discussion escalated and Baelz hadn't been in her best mood either.

"How many times do I have to tell you to shut up and go away IRyS ? I don't want to see your face ever again", shouted Bae as she tried to break IRyS' shield sphere. Hope was sweating, she couldn't hold the shield for any longer or else she would be too weak and exhausted against her wife.

"Please Bae, let's talk this through, this isn't you, I can feel that this isn't you, you would never hurt me", IRyS begged for peace, Baelz refused peace, she wanted war. Chaos removed her twin tails, holding the dices in her hands, IRyS knew...she was doomed if help wouldn't come.