Chapter 3

In the lost cities of Japan, it wasn't all that abandoned, it wasn't silent either. There were lots of citizens who once lived there, trying to find home again in their hometown.

There were constructions going on, people cooking on the street for everyone, as if the whole city was a big family. Three girls from the Japanese city walked through the natural habitat, mixed with the new life. Their clothes were old, dirty and a little bit broken, but they didn't mind it, the sun was warm and bright and it was still morning.

"Come on you lame duck, we're almost at our destination", shouted a joyful girl behind the other two, one of them was already tired since it's still morning. They had to climb up the path-like stairs to reach a certain place they wanted to see and check for themselves. After being out of breath from all the old stairs that were covered with moss, they gazed at the old, yet really big house. The house was abandoned too and no citizen wanted to move in, so the three girls without a place to live in, wanted for sure to take the house for themselves. Since civilization was dead, everything was free for now.

"I can't believe you made us climb all those stairs so we could live in a cottage like that ?", said the tired girl, even sounding as sleepy as she was when she woke up.

"But can't you see Subaru, everything is free, this is our house from now on, this fairytale-like home is only for us with this garden and the forest too", the brown-haired girl pointed excitedly at everything, Subaru can only remember her with a side-ponytail, but the bow broke during the massive and sudden destruction and vandalism.

"So to go out in the city, we need to go all the down from the stairs, and then up again ? Awww man I won't have grilled meat and veggies anymore Matsuri", the tomboyish girl whined, just looking at the stairs made her feel like she would live her daily life in a nightmare, but on the other hand she would probably get used to it and built up some leg muscles.

"But.....I feel very odd about this place...", said the third girl this time, everyone knew her as a bright and cheerful girl, but after everything that happened, she too, changed. She was simply staring at the house in front of them, she felt a cold presence near her. She felt it, something was in there.

"There's nothing odd about this place, it's only because it's old, it gives you chills down your spine right ?", Matsuri laughed it off, giving the girl a soft bump on her shoulder with her fist. Even after the small bump, the girl went silent, so did Masturi and Subaru.

"Anyway, let's go in and check it out then", the girl suggested, both girls even jumped from how the sudden voice that had scared them. The girl already moved towards the house, opening the old door, nothing in sight. Her blue orbs analyzed the long corridor, nothing...yet the cold presence didn't leave, something was in here. It made her stay cautious at this place, it made her walk silently through the old wooden floor.

"Hey, do you think something is wrong with her ?", whispered Subaru over to Matsuri, they were sill meters away from her, unsure what the blonde girl meant with her statement.

"Well, Haato sure acts strange after the incident happened...well...I mean, I'm sad for us too, but live has to keep going for sure", Matsuri whispered back in a sad tone, Subaru felt with her. It sure was a historical moment to see with their own eyes how humanity destroyed everything years ago, and now everything was turning into a great balance of nature and human evolution.

The buildings stayed covered with moss and plants and humans started living in houses again. Some citizens even mentioned how they didn't want to remove the plants from their houses, since they believed it was a miracle by god. God's work made people believe that indeed, there was hope for humanity and civilization.