Chapter 36

"Yeah, move on, keep going and don't you dare to do a bad move Kronii", Roboco warned, still aiming at the warden. They were about to leave the cave, Kronii couldn't protect herself since she didn't have her powers back. The slime followed the warden, hooking itself up on the warden's arm. When they were outside, Kronii felt certain goosebumps looking all the way down, it was a huge height gap between the ground they started climbing and where she was standing.

"Tell me why you're doing this to me Roboco ?", Kronii asked, scared to die without reaching her goal. The robot didn't find it amusing with all the questions and talk.

"Kronii, how do I know you ? You don't even remember me"

"What you mean ?"

"It's been ages, way too long ago, even way before this whole mess started, everyone of council banned me, I got kicked out and arriving to this hell", the robot explained, her voice sounded angrily and filled with hate. Kronii turned around

"Roboco...now I remember you...you've changed"

"I had to, from your assistant robot all up to a complex programed military robot. You can't defeat me anymore Kronii, I'm stronger than you", Roboco said all confident, Kronii felt guilt from the robot's background, the council sould learn to never ban other members ever again.

"I'm sorry Roboco, I try my best to leave the ban when I can go back to the council, just give me a bit more of time...please", Kronii's tears ran down her cheeks, she didn't know what the robot will do next.

"Kronii, I'm sorry..."

"No please Roboco, I can fix that"

"Kronii, it's over, I found another family to take care of me and I'm trying to return to them"

"Roboco, please, don't kill me, I haven't found Mumei yet", Kronii pleaded, the tears couldn't stop running down, the warden never felt so low and scared in her life.

"I'm going to help you..."

"Really ?", Kronii formed a smile, tears were still forming, she felt relieved. However, Kronii felt a bump on her shoulder, Roboco pushed her down the mountain...

"I'll guide you to heaven where she is, now die in peace Ouro Kronii", Roboco said before entering the cave again. The warden was falling and falling, it felt like time was slowing down. She never felt hurt like this before, but at least she would be connected with Mumei again, or not ? She didn't know what would happen after you die, only Calliope knew and it was a lifelong secret. All of a sudden, the warden didn't see the blue sky anymore, it was pitch black.

When Kronii closed her eyes and opened them again, the black view changed, the sky was covered with dark clouds, seemed as if it would rain soon. The warden stood up, knowing exactly where she was, the same field, the same tree, the same dream she always had about the fake owl of her illusions. When she walked towards the usual tree, she saw something not that habitual anymore. Mumei was sitting in her position as she always did, knees bent, chin resting on them.

"Mumei, your clothes...", Kronii said, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Hm ? Oh yeah, I thought I should change my appearance too, since you're styled from the last time", Mumei answered. She wore a white knitted jumper with a thin, brown turtleneck jumper on the inside. She wore brown trousers, matching her turtleneck jumper, and her usual gloves and shoes.

"And your hair, you cut it short", Kronii said, touching a few strings of the girl's hair.

"Yeah, I got rid of the long hair and the ponytail, it just grows back anyways, you like it ?", Mumei asked shyly, a small blush formed on her cheeks. Kronii, as love-struck as she was for the girl in front of her, couldn't restrain herself and kissed Mumei on her lips, getting a small jump of surprise from the owl.

"I love it Mumei, I love you", confessed the warden when their lips separated. The girl blushed hard from the response she got.

"Of course I can tell you this now, since you're an illusion, you're the Mumei I wished how you would react to my confession. The real Mumei I'm looking for is outside, I search for her day and night, until I see her again confess my love for real", Kronii said with a bright smile on her face. Mumei, next to her, was so amazed and stunned by her speech, the girl went completely speechless. Kronii gazed at the sight of the cloudy sky and the horizon of the grass field, it was such a calm moment.

"Kronii, it's been such a long time I haven't seen you and you're still searching for me...", Mumei started moving, sitting on Kronii's lap with leg spread apart, hands touching the warden's cheek.

"I love you too you dumbass", Mumei kissed her passionately while crying, Kronii felt shocked by this sudden reaction, she separated the kiss.

"Don't tell me...Mumei is that-", the warden got interrupted by another passionate kiss, this time, she didn't break it.

"Let me take care of you Kronii".

Inside the council, now every healer was trying to help Towa and Kanata out with healing Gura and Sana. Gura was almost completely cured, on the other hand, Sana was difficult to treat with all the burn marks she had. Since the shark had only small wounds to be treated of, she was awake and conscious. Fauna was relieved and glad to hear from Gura again. The keeper of nature explained everything to Gura, about the fight and about the monster.

"So you're telling me I could save Watson by kissing her ? And I let her kill herself, because I left her room...I can't", Gura felt guilty and highly depressed about the truth, she knew she was the only one Watson loved deep down her heart.

"It's not your fault, you didn't know more than we did back then", Fauna tried her best at comforting the shark, but wasn't able to lift up her mood. Gura just left the room after being treated completely and wanted to go to her room.

"You tried your best Fauna, she needs time to think"

"Yeah you're right, let's just go somewhere, I'll be in the meeting room", said Fauna, leaving Nene in the hall before going to the meeting room. When the keeper arrived, she got a surprise ahead of her. Lui, Chloe, Koyori and Zeta were waiting for the green-haired keeper.

"We've been waiting for you", said Zeta in an impatient voice, having her arms crossed.

"Sorry, a lot is going on now, so what does everyone want from me ?"

"Fauna, we want to go back outside, we wanna fight that monster", demanded Lui, the keeper didn't like that. She slapped the table hard, she got angry at the request.

"Are you crazy, that creature is highly dangerous, you gonna die if you go back to it"

"Then what should we do Fauna ? Wait and let it kill others ? We know it's weak to fire, so let's kill it", complained Lui, going as far as glaring at Fauna. Suddenly, someone behind Fauna started speaking.

"You're right, it's effective attacking it with fire, but only at the owl stage, the others are immune to fire, in other words, everyone of you is gonna die if you really try killing it with fire", Nene explained, Lui felt offended. She only clicked her tongue and turned her back to them.

"You have to wait anyways, Sana is still healing after the fight, Bae too", explained Fauna and left the meeting room with a couple of disappointed members.

"It is hard to be a council member", said Nene jokingly.

"Oh you don't know", replied Fauna back with a long, exhausted sigh from dealing with a lot of stuff. While both girls were walking on the hallway, they saw Gura sprinting past them, Calliope running after her.

"Did you just see that ?"

"Yeah, Gura just ran...what's happening ?", Fauna asked, wierded out by today's events, what could possibly happen more ? The two girls went after them, leading to outside in the garden. When Nene spotted the shark, they noticed Gura crying hard.

"Are you okay Gura ?", Fauna asked, seeing Calli handing her the papers in her hands. Fauna checked the papers, it was a list of the chosen-ones who died already.

"Why are you showing me this Calli ?", Fauna asked seriously, not seeing the hint.

"Look close...Amelia Watson and Kureiji Ollie...they aren't on the list anymore", informed Calli.

"To which means..."

"Ame...Ame is alive...", spoke Gura out while crying hard.