Chapter 12

"Kronii ?"

"Y-yes ?"

"Do you think it's fate that we meet at this very moment ?", the girl asked, hands on the table like the cute girl she was. Kronii turned her head to the other way, that girl shouldn't find out about herself blushing, it would ruin her image.

"W-why do you ask ?"

"Well...you know, you are the warden of time...you could just rewind time and find someone better than me no ?", the girl asked curiously, waiting for a valuable explanation. However, she didn't get any answer back, the warden of time...was speechless. The girl in front of her at the council room had a point, it hit a nerve on Kronii, it bothered her so much...why was she the chosen one ? Kronii didn't know the answer herself.

"Alright, yes I understand that you pity me for my past, I know, I'm aware that I didn't have a good time...but I want a reason for being here, for my existence...a reason to live...", the girl begged, almost even crying, that was what would happen to someone, who had a complete change of life...what was the reason to live now ? What were your goals ? Did you have new ones after the change ? Kronii could only face the girl in a serious, yet shocking facial expression.

"Mumei...I just don't chose anyone to be the guardian of civilization, this is your place, this is your fate", the brown-haired girl stood up from her chair, she felt frustrated and heart-broken.

"...I just felt that strange feeling of warmth inside you...you are one of us", the warden added softly, but it didn't help to calm down the guardian, nor did her talk explain her questions from before.

"If that's true Kronii, then...then why am I feeling this ache in my heart whenever you talk to me ?", Mumei let her tears of frustration out, yelling made the tears come out in the first place. Kronii couldn't say anything back as the guardian of civilization stormed out of the council meeting room. The warden's vision went blurry...dark, and so did the other senses became unable to do their activities...it was just another memory Kronii dreamt about. Looking at the surroundings, she fell asleep in Mumei's secret room...again.

Kronii read already six of Mumei's diaries and found out many new things about the girl she thought about. One was for sure how much she loved writing, even if she wasn't great with it, she still tried. Second was how she grew up in a industrial city full of negativity, people were grumpy and threw their trash everywhere on the streets. Mumei lived in a horrible environment, of course she felt bad each day passing by.

"Mumei...where are you ? I miss you...", Kronii let out a big sigh, fighting hard for the tears to not run down her cheeks. With that, she left the secret room and went upstairs to the council library.

It had been two months since Aqua got rescued by Miko and saw the creature the last time. Ever since its appearance, no high amounts of death rated by Calliope herself. Plus Aqua was something else, she reached her complete full potential several days ago. An angel in front of their eyes, even a healer and protector. Only angels could have these powers, but another angel could even attack with its weapon, Aqua on the other hand, she didn't get a weapon. Now Aqua was always in the council practice room to heal and use her shield whenever others were training their powers.

"Nyahallo Kronii", Miko greeted cheerfully the warden on the hallway. Even after those two months, she refused to go back to her world with the reason of the council needing her more than any other time.