Chapter 14

"I just can't believe it...we're here...it's where we last saw her..."

"Yes Kronii, now wipe out those tears, your eyes are already all puffy and red", Baelz handed Kronii a handkerchief to wipe out the tears, she never saw her friend in such a terrible state as she did right now, Mumei was important to her after all. Kronii accepted it, even wiped her nose with it, that wasn't what Baelz told her.

"So, shall I keep you company or can we part ways now ?", Baelz asked worriedly, patting her back in comfort. Kronii didn't answer, instead she just nodded slowly to parting ways, they had their missions to fulfill in the course of time.

"Okay, I let you be for now...take care of yourself, if you need something, we can chat in walkie-talkies", chaos patted Kronii's shoulder to assure her safety and comfort. Almost a minute later, Baelz stood up and opened the door to go downstairs, but stopped there for a second...

"Kronii...if you see her safe and sound, please tell me, I trust you", and ran downstairs, leaving Kronii sitting on the rooftop. Little did Bae know, Kronii smiled a little when chaos said that.

It took her minutes alone to finally stand up and face reality how it was, Mumei went still missing and Kronii's goal was to find her close friend again. This wasn't a special mission for Kronii anymore, this was a main mission for her. Just like Bae, she used the stairs to go to the ground. What once was a city with fire and destruction, turned into a fully abandoned city, lively with plants. The building Kronii and Baelz landed first was covered in plants, the floor of each once living place was filled with them. However unlike other places outside this city, the rooms were filled with a special kind of plant. Philodendrons had a high growth factor inside this building, its meaning...the love for nature.

"This building is filled with the love of nature...I wonder why..", Kronii thought loudly, doing researches on plants while she was at it. The warden did grab that special detailed book from the library, the plants were definitive inside that book, but she also needed something to entertain herself if she was at it. Plus, she also grabbed another book before she came here, sooner or later she would absolutely read it.

For now, she kept exploring the city, being the clash of her armor the only noise there. She looked left, she looked right, everything just seemed lost, Kronii even felt as if she was exploring the ruins. This beginning wasn't boring at all, on the contrary, the warden of time totally enjoyed breathing the fresh air of the upcoming summer in, the city was stunning from the progress and even she could have fun with looking at the plants.

Meanwhile Baelz sprinted at what seemed like a path, hopefully reaching her destination someday. She already knew, it would take her two or more days until she reached her goal. Chaos tried somehow to be at last sooner than two days or even in two days there, but she knew, with that armor of hers and the little body she had, no more stamina would be available for her. She reached the end of the landscape from before, she was at a clear and beautiful meadow full of grass and flowers. Bae tried to catch up her breath, she admired the view she got and decided for a small break for now. Taking out her armor helmet and laid on the meadow, she was drenched in sweat and the wind made her feel better. Chaos sat up and opened her bag, she found a bottle of water to drink. She took three to four large gulps of water inside her before she took the bottle away from her mouth. After putting the bottle with the rest of the water back to her bag, she was just sitting there, admiring the view, she didn't know the outside world would be this beautiful and refreshing after such a long time.

"Hello, hello, Kronii, Bae ? You okay ?", a voice came out of the universal walkie-talkie, it was IRyS' voice. From the tone of her voice, she seemed already worried from the departure of the two council members.