Chapter 37

God’s masterpiece, the humans, finally got their punishment, mutations. Mother nature swore eternal revenge for the disaster between humanity and nature. The humans would start learning their mistakes, nobody should mess with any kind of gods, even less when those somebody were mortals.

As Mumei started getting along with Kronii, both their lives improved and Mumei started studying and learning how to read and write. Bit by bit, Mumei got better at it, her life got so better, her parents finally found a job to work at and a home to live. Kronii’s job was to repair the large clock. On a daily basis, Mumei went after school to the abandoned church to visit her dear friend. Most of the times it was Mumei gazing at Kronii’s work, other times it was Mumei writing on her diary. One day, the girl came again to visit her friend Kronii with her school uniform, but this time, she had a gift for the hardworking woman.

“Oh hi Kronii”, Mumei said, but she hid instantly as she saw two men standing in front of the blue-haired woman. The girl tried to listen what their conversation was, since she was very curious about Kronii talking to anyone else than her.

“I’m going to ask you again, why are you repairing this old abandoned clock Miss ?”, asked one of the man idiotically, trying to provoke Kronii. The blue-haired woman just clicked her tongue in annoyance, what did these men wanted from her ?

“Can’t I do a good deed for this city ? Maybe you aren’t thinking that I’m rebuilding this church on my own”, Kronii answered, glaring at both men who seemed to not accept her answer.

“Since when are women so independent ? Since when are women so strong ad dirty to do men’s job ?”, asked the other man, already taking off his belt from the pants. Kronii noticed the man’s act and wanted to deal with it quickly, but she noticed Mumei coming towards her. The girl was super pissed and she bumped both men between Kronii.

“How dare you to say such things to a woman ? And what are you doing with your belt you pervert ?”, Mumei asked angrily, both of them started laughing hard instead of being serious, Kronii didn’t know what to do or how to react, she had to protect Mumei now.

“Look dude, a girl, even better”, smirked the one guy, he didn’t see Mumei as a thread. The other man just smirked back and started taking off his belt too. Mumei just glared back, she seemed to be dangerous. The men approached the girl, but Kronii put herself in front of Mumei to protect her. Sadly both of the men pulled her aside aggressively and injured Kronii on her face and arms. Mumei just stood there like a stone, her face didn’t change. Kronii thought it was over for the girl, but suddenly as the blue-haired woman sat up, her face was painted in red. One of the man was missing his head, it got cut apart from the body. The other guy tried to hit the girl, but she was too fast and the same thing happened to him too. Kronii noticed Mumei’s hand bleeding, she used a thin, but long glass-shard, making it look like a knife. With that, both men were killed by a girl in her school uniform. Kronii was too shocked to speak out her mind at first, later she calmed down after Mumei disposed the bodies.

“Just how did you do that Mumei ? Those were innocent people”, Kronii stated, not knowing what to say, hoping she wouldn’t get any problems in the future.

“Were they ? What were they about to do to me and you ?”, Mumei asked calmly, the woman couldn’t believe how she could stay calm at situations like these.

“How did you even know the way to kill someone ?”

“It’s simple…”, Mumei said casually, Kronii started to fear her, a high school student.