Chapter 18

It had been days since the fire inside the city calmed down. Mumei found herself shelter in the meantime the destruction was still going on, her shelter was still empty, no light, no food, just a small room for herself. For days she stayed inside, Mumei didn't feel hungry, she still thought about the incident of the council kicking her out almost a week ago. One day, she quitted the shelter as she felt the warm and comfy sunbeams on her skin, no more dangers around the place, just a lost city with Mumei living there.

The girl started searching for food, even though her body didn't alert for starvation, she was conscious of how her body craved at least something small to eat. The forest was near her shelter, so she simply walked around the forest for any berries. She walked and walked and found on her way berries and apples as the single source of food.

Afterwards her body was satisfied with the nutrients it received, she went looking for something else to do, she already had an idea what to do. Facing the large building she was at when the destruction was still going on, the already destroyed desks and chairs weren't for Mumei's taste, instead she found notebooks that could still be useful to write in it. Slowly she started collecting those notebooks, no matter what their color of the cover were or if they were big or small, the brown-haired girl collected them all. Pencils in good state were included to Mumei's collection, just like erasers.

Mumei took a long time inside the building, she was there at day and at night, she had nothing else to do anyways.

The girl learned how to light up a fire and used the broken wooden chairs and tables as material, she started planting berry bushes too. In addition, months later, she even learned how to work with wood, her dagger was a great help to slit out of wood different things. One of those things were her biggest project ever, which can constructing her council chair, but it didn't go as planned, so she created Kronii's council chair instead. Slowly her life was getting somehow manageable by the time, but she had times, where she couldn't sleep at all. The reason of those sleepless nights were Mumei missing her friends, they were always there for her...

Kronii closed the book, those books and story belonged to Mumei. Kronii broke into tears, she covered her face from regret and shame, why did she let the girl go in the first place ? The slime jumped and jumped to make the woman on the chair notice it. However, the warden kept feeling the regret of letting Mumei go years ago, Kronii couldn't forgive herself...she just couldn't.

"I just can't....Mumei is so precious to me...", Kronii whimpered inside the room, the small slime stopped jumping around, it understood Kronii and jumped away from her, clearly showing a distance towards the warden of time. Kronii couldn't understand how quick she reached Mumei's place, it was fate. It took a long time until the woman on the chair calmed down, the slime stayed in front of the door, waiting patiently. Kronii cleaned up her tears on Baelz's handkerchief, the slime approached her again, staying on her thighs.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, it's just I found out an important friend of mine owns these book and this place...I'm still searching for her, which is why I'm here", Kronii apologized, the slime only went around the warden's upper arm and she felt warmth from the small creature. Kronii already felt secure and trust towards that thing, even though they only met for a day or two.

"Anyways, I will find her no matter what...and I promise that with my whole heart", Kronii proudly said, the slime got hotter any second that even the woman was scared it was harmful after all. With that said, Kronii wanted to make herself on her way when suddenly, her walkie-talkie was turned on.

"Hello Kronii ?", it was Gura's voice coming out of the speaker, Kronii had to answer this call.

"Yes Gura ?"