Chapter 13

"Look Kronii, barn owl", the girl pointed out, the owl was grabbing with its claws a branch on a large tree in a forest. They were on a special mission and yet she let herself distract by a random owl she found.

"Yes Mumei, you right, a barn owl...I find them kinda cute", the warden mentioned, rubbing her arm from getting shy. The girl's eyes shone bright from joy, she didn't know Kronii would be also interested in that type of owl.

"You too ? Oh gosh, barn owls are my favorite", Mumei hugged out of joy that it made Kronii all flustered and quiet.

"Just, let me pat it...", she added, the brown-haired girl climbed the tree, excited to pat it. Kronii panicked, what about their mission ? The warden went after her.

"Mumei no, think about our mission...", Kronii tried climbing as fast as Mumei to catch up, but the brown-haired girl was too fast. Up Mumei was, almost near to the cute barn owl she saw from the ground. Kronii on the other hand, grew tired from climbing and reached the branches of the tree. Suddenly she realized in the evening light in Autumn, two men, holding a rifle each of them. Kronii had to warn Mumei as soon as possible, but the men caught Mumei and the owl in sight.

"Mumei, get out of there...you'll die", Kronii tried to warn without the men suspecting her, but Mumei was so close to pat the barn owl, it even stayed still for her, one of them was pointing with the rifle at their direction. When Mumei almost touched the owl, a gunshot was heard and Mumei saw blood in front of her. The men shot at the owl and it didn't move when Mumei grabbed it with her two hands.

"Oh...it doesn't move...I think it's sleeping, just like these two down there will", Mumei said softly, spotting the two enemies who killed the barn owl in front of her. The other man pointed now with the rifle at Mumei, but couldn't with the speed Mumei went from tree to tree. The girl was nowhere to find, only strange noises from here and there. The noises made the men insane, it came from every corner, plus the evening light was fading into the dark night-time, their flashlights didn't help much, so did their rifles or pistols. One of the man yelled in pain as he felt a strong stabbing pain on his back, then chest, then side of the neck.

"Stab, stab and stab, goodnight", Mumei said softly, the man let out so much blood that he died from it. Mumei's dagger was colored in the same red shade as her enemy's blood, and was already looking at the next enemy, who was already pointing his rifle towards the brown-haired girl.

The man was shaking from fear, suddenly shooting the bullet from his pistol out. Mumei wasn't injured at all, she blocked the bullet with her dagger right in front of the man....

When Kronii arrived on the ground, two men laid on the ground, completely in red, not moving at all. Mumei too, shared some of the red and stood there smiling innocently.

"So, let's keep on going with our mission Kronii, shall we ?", Mumei asked, putting her dagger back to where she pulled it. Kronii felt so heavy, she could collapse to the ground, but had Mumei to grab her, but her vision turned dark. Kronii could hear Mumei say something, but what was it ? She didn't know...

The next thing Kronii did, was opening her eyes and finding herself on top of her bed. She had many dreams about Mumei lately, it were mostly part of her memories she shared with Mumei.

"Today is the day...I will find you Mumei", Kronii talked to herself, dressing herself up for today's events. The warden took a proper shower, brushed her teeth and wore the usual outfit she wore for the council. All that she did on a daily basis, but she somehow knew she wouldn't be able to do this for a couple of days, maybe weeks...maybe months.