Chapter 11

"Apart from what we should do, how did you do that ?", Marine asked panickly, still hugging the girl from behind.

"I don't know, but you hugged me and it gave me a strange power, something I never experienced before", Aqua described, she stayed at the same position as before.

"But....the shield is getting unstable and I feel like I'm getting weak...", Aqua could feel her arms getting wobbly, the sphere got unstable just as the girl predicted and her body felt the need of eating something for energy. The creature attacked again, its spikes hit the shield and broke it in pieces. Marine let a loud noise of pain out, one of the spikes went through Marine's left shoulder and belly, she was bleeding hard.

"Marine", Aqua yelled, tears of panik and fear formed her eyes. However Marine didn't give up and just held with her right hand her belly wound, Aqua wanted to help, but couldn't. And yet again, the creature tried to attack Aqua and Marine, who stood from shock in the same place. It failed...a huge, much stable shield was protecting them. In front of the girls, the shrine maiden being their last hope and savior in the last second.

"Nyahallo you two, get out of here as quick as possible, me and my friend will deal with this thing", Miko ordered, but the girls stood there in shock, in fear if it would instantly kill them right after they were out of the shield. Pekora shot her bombs at the creature's direction, getting its attention. The thing was now after Pekora and it moved at a certain speed, the bunny had to run away.

"Hello, hello, council, we found the beast, we need to be taken out of here as soon as possible", Miko tried to reach the council members, she said her location and had to wait for a reply.

"Aqua....I'm sorry...", Marine said softly, she was in strong pain. Aqua knew her friend wouldn't survive this moment, she knew very well, Marine will die this moment.

"Don't apologize you dummy", Aqua hugged Marine, seconds later Marine fell on her knees with Aqua, unconscious and unable to communicate. Marine died while Aqua cried hard, feeling the embrace of her friend's dead body before Miko pulled her away.

"Kronii here, what in the heck is happening ?"

"We need to get out of here, as quick as possible, we-", Miko and Aqua heard a loud explosion, they could see the huge smoke from it too. And yet the beast was still alive after the huge explosion, plus it was coming after the girls.

"Council please take us out of here quick", Miko shouted angrily in the walkie-talkie, fearing to risk her own life too. When the beast was near, it was preparing for the next attack when Aqua and Miko got pulled through a portal. They were safe again, because they were back in one of the big, empty council rooms.

"Welcome back survivors", Sana greeted them with a dismal aura, making Miko and Aqua realize the depressing aura in the room. There were the council members waiting for them, inclusively Gura, Calli, Kiara and IRyS.

"W-where am I ? Who are you all ?", Aqua questioned her presence in this place she never been so far. She couldn't get near any one of them, since she didn't trust any single one of them.

"Oh yeah, me and Pekora saved her, but we couldn't save her friend back then, sorry...", Miko apologized, feeling the sorrow of the girl in tears, she was sitting on one of the corners of the room. Suddenly, the shrine maiden realized it....

"Wait....where's Pekora ? Where's Olivia ?", the shrine maiden asked confusedly, she only got the silence of the room as an answer.