Chapter 38

Kronii was almost done with repairing the giant church clock. Everyday, every night, she worked hard on it. And with time, she had a certain someone visiting her, showing her the grades and how well she's doing. Mumei finally got some respect from society, since her parents got a home and also well-paid jobs, they earned great money and Mumei had a place to go. However the girl was as usual close to Kronii, her hero since the first day they had met. On a cloudy day, as sad as the weather was, Mumei's parents didn't allow the girl to meet up with the clock lady anymore, they thought there was something shabby about their relationship. With that, Kronii couldn't do anything against the situation and continued her mission, the warden hadn't seen the girl ever since...
____

"No...", whispered the warden while holding both swords close to Roboco's CPU system, her heart. "I'm not a guardian, I'm the warden of time... I won't kill you Roboco", Kronii stood up from the ground with a stern look in her eyes. The swords distanced from the robot and disappeared, only when Kronii needed them, they would reappear. "I want us to work together, many of us died already...we need to stick together during times of crisis", Kronii added, reaching for Roboco's left hand. The robot didn't trust the warden anymore, but what choice did she have ? Roboco held Kronii's hand and made an agreement in silence.

Both the warden and the robot walked outside of the destroyed parking garage and found Kronii's bag with her tools inside. The streets were lost and abandoned, only a few strange creatures here and there, which the blue-haired woman dealt with during the encounters, but apart from that, they just moved on without an actual goal. Kronii only knew the slime was attached to her arm, but found it odd to never form into the cute round shape it always was in.

"Kronii ?", Roboco spoke out while walking the half demolished road. Kronii simply faced the robot, wondering what she would say to her now.

"Thank you for sparing my life after what I did to you", the robot apologized and kneeled down to show the warden her upmost respect and gratitude. Kronii only looked away, there was other priorities in this world, an apology wasn't one of them.

"It's fine, plus I have my powers back and my weapons, so I guess it's okay", Kronii sighed and gave the robot a small smile, Roboco wanted to stand up, but with only one arm was difficult, so Kronii helped her. With that, they continued walking without another word, just looking around for strange creatures, supplements and hints about the beast.

"I finally reached my potential again, but...why can't I remember a thing that I did...I don't remember almost killing Roboco...what is happening to me ?", thought Kronii as she tried to hide the fact, that she was actually worried and couldn't explain what happened when she fell from the mountain...

____

Sana got hugged by everyone, especially Fauna, tight hugs that lasted seconds and tears running down the cheeks. Sana giggled at the keeper's reaction, but also hissed from the pain she felt from her back due to the tight hug she received. Fauna broke the hug and looked up to face the speaker of space.

"Sana, your scar..."

"Oh that's nothing Fauna, I'm totally fine you see", Sana said, proudly flexing her arms to assure the keeper of her current decision. The keeper was happy to see the speaker conscious, but she was also worried that Sana might stay weak for a really long time. Not only Sana appeared inside the meeting room, but also some of the healers entered the meeting room too.

"Kanata and Towa are dealing now with Baelz's wounds, we shouldn't disturb them now. It was a demand from both of them for everyone here in the council house", informed Aqua in all seriousness. Everyone took glances at the pink-haired maid who stood at the entrance of the room. Kobo, Choco and Shion agreed with Aqua and confirmed it would be the best to not enter the nursing room for a while.

"Okay thank you Aqua for the piece of information and also thank you for all the healers assisting and helping us in need, it means a lot to us", thanked the keeper of nature for everyone's aid on healing the injured. The healers nodded, showing a smile of appreciation and quitted the room, they needed some rest after all. In addition, some other members left the room too, leaving Fauna, Sana, Gura, Miko, Nene and the rest of the surviving HoloX members inside the meeting room.

"Okay and what now ?", said Sana in an awkward tone, getting all the attention from the room. The shark reminded herself of her goal and faced the speaker of space. "We need to find Ame, she's outside in that post-apocalyptic world, you need to send me there Sana", said Gura desperately, Sana saw the need in those blue eyes and wished she could just teleport her right there, but it was much more difficult than ever. "I know you really want to find Amelia Gura, but my powers...they are weak...I'm weaker than I have ever been in my entire lifetime, I wish I just could do it...but I need to rest my powers", Sana spoke out, disappointed by herself. She tried not to cry in front of the other members, yet it was clear how the speaker of space felt. Silence filled the room as Sana looked down in embarrassment, not being able to create as many portals as she wants to and when she wants to turned out to be a huge disadvantage for everyone during hard times.

"But...isn't there someone else who can open gates through realms of worlds ?", asked Gura gently, she caught everyone's stare at her, yet the shark wasn't afraid to take back what she just said. "I know that you're weak Sana and I respect it...but there has to be someone else who can create portals like you do...", Gura continued, Sana and Fauna's faces were the only ones who looked down on the floor. The room got tense for some reason...they knew something others didn't.

"There is another chosen-one with portal-opening powers, a strong will and a high force of bravery...but you have to face her...the council won't help you in that situation...", said Fauna in a serious voice, finally looking at Gura's blue eyes. "Due to political disagreement of two parties, the council doesn't want to get involved in the issue", Fauna stated, keeping her eyes on Gura's.

"Fauna, you don't mean..."

"Yes Gura, the Atlantic war that lasted 500 years...it's been 11500 years ago Gura...face her again and get into a political agreement so that you can go to the world...or stay here as long as Sana needs to rest...", Fauna gave the shark the choice. She couldn't believe the keeper of nature would give her such a difficult and harsh choice to pick from.

"And you sure she has the same power like Sana ?", Gura asked, anxiety filled her mind. Fauna nodded in response, comforting Sana who looked guilty that the shark had to face her long-term enemy once again. "And I can't take anyone with me ?", added Gura in curiosity...

"Not a member of the council at least", Fauna answered, shrugging seriously. Gura had to think once again what her choice of members would be until she departed to face her enemy from ancient times...