Chapter 28

The next morning, Koyori, Laplus and Reine woke up inside their shelter, everyone stretched and prepared themselves for another harsh day in the half abandoned world. As they set back to their goal, they walked towards the unidentified flying object, since they were curious to what happened there. The same went to Moona and Risu, who woke up too.

"Hey Moona...I haven't realized your hair got longer, and the tip of your hair down here is kinda blonde...your hair looks just like the galaxy", commented Risu and she was observing Moona's hair with eyes of fascination. The purple-haired woman didn't realize the long hair herself, but she could get used to it.

They were on their way to save the girl they had seen at night, bit by bit, the two groups walked nearer and nearer to the destination...until they actually arrived where they wanted. What they saw...was unexpected, both groups met each other at opposite directions, but the enemies from before, every one of them...not alive anymore.

"Wha...what is this ?", asked Risu in disbelief, the men were covered in the red liquid by an unknown person for now. However, the situation got odder as they saw how the enemy's body was perfectly cut and several limbs removed.

"Hey you guys over there", Moona shouted out, getting the attention of Laplus' group.

"Is this your doing ? If so, tell us where you hid the girl", Moona added, getting suddenly confused looks, they even shrugged their shoulders.

"What girl ? Are you telling us that we are at fault here ?", asked Laplus loudly so that the purple-haired woman and the brown-haired shorty next to her could hear what the small leader was saying clearly. Both Moona and Risu shook their heads, they weren't the guilty ones for this massacre in front of them. Each group approached, going nearer and nearer. When they were meters away, Moona could see how Koyori and Laplus prepared themselves for an attack, so did Moona activate her shield, which made the girls wait with their attacks.

"Wait, you can use shield sphere ? Are you one of us ?", asked the pink-haired coyote surprisingly, it wasn't a high chance to meet another chosen-one out of nowhere. Laplus, Koyori and Moona made their powers rest, they were able to talk it out calmly with each other.

"So you were talking about a girl...we didn't see any girl, what you mean ? Can you describe to us that girl you saw ?", Reine said calmly, Moona and Risu thought hard to remember what they saw, since they were super stressed for a short time, their brains didn't function that well during the past night incident.

"Let's see...she's blonde, wore dungarees, purple eyes and she came out of this thing for sure", Risu and Moona described the strange girl they were able to see with the scope of Risu's sniper.

"But...the ones that wanted to imprison her and all, they are all dead here on the ground...do you think it's her ?", asked the purple-haired woman seriously, adding the fact that the girl had zero weapons with her to protect herself. The two groups kept on discussing about what happened and what to do, they simply decided to search for the blonde girl as a entire group now.

"Hey...", whispered a girl

"Don't you think it's about time we finally go outside and move on ?", she added, she was sharing a king-sized bed with someone else.

"I guess you are right...we need to contact Laplus and Koyori about Iroha's death...", whispered Lui back, it was a hard time for both Lui and Chloe, it had been already a long while since Iroha died...grief dominated their feelings. However, Chloe was right, they had to move on with life, with or without a partner who was always there for them for comfort and joyous times.

Lui and Chloe stood up from the bed and started wearing their clothes back, it took them ten minutes until they were ready to go into the hallways of the council place. Walking on the long hallways, both of the HoloX members greeted and waved their hands to the people passing by, Chloe and Lui felt safe, comfy and accepted inside the whole place.