Chapter 15

Hours passed and Baelz was on the way again, running as fast as she could. In a matter of time, the sun set down and so did the light too. With a torch and chaos' small explosions, a bright flame could shine, it made the path clearer. Baelz reached from a far distance an old-looking tower, moss covered its stony walls. There, Bae decided to go and get some rest for today.

Meanwhile Kronii woke up from being unconscious all those hours, she saw everything pitch dark and decided to find something that could shine bright. Finally the warden found a flashlight and turned it on, finding two torches without the fire on both sides. Luckily Kronii searched through her bag again and found another great item, matches. Lighting the matches and giving fire to the torches made the room much brighter and visible for the warden to see.

She was still confused and her head ached a ton already from the now temporary closed wound. And yead she couldn't sleep even if she was still tired...

"What is this place....", Kronii asked herself, the confusion just kept her awake at this point. Just as the now dead man have said before Kronii went unconscious...

"..books, roses...and this chair, it looks like...my council chair", Kronii said slowly, trying to understand what was going on. The chair was in the middle of the room, accompanied by stacks of books with different sizes and cover colors. Kronii slowly sat on the chair, was it meant for her ? Could this chair mean only for her ? She kept asking questions to herself, her head still hurt a lot.

The warden of time simply crossed her legs elegantly and just looked around in silence, what this room was about, she wondered. The corpses were still on the ground and the only thing Kronii did, was to look on the left, look on the right, grabbing one of the stacked books and read.

"Oh boy are the plants growing, anyway, the berry bushes are too. I love how healthy the berries look and taste just as delicious as they look. Anyway, better find a much safer place soon, somewhere with more food and water. I just wish my friends could see this place and enjoy their time here with me. One day for sure, I believe in them...", Kronii read the text in the first book she grabbed, the first page was amazingly written, the grammar wasn't as poor as Mumei's dairy books and Kronii didn't have the focus on it since she suffered from a huge headache. With this the warden of time finally closed her eyes and slept well as Baelz did too...

Already in the morning and Bae jumped up from the loud volume of the walkie-talkie, IRyS loud voice just had an impact on her. Hope's voice expressed worry and loneliness, she missed her wife too much.

"Hello Bae, are you awake ?"

"You woke me up dummy", complained Baelz angrily, her great sleep was ruined for today.

"You are the dummy, idiot"

"Oi, you...you know what ? I don't care anymore, I'm awake now, better continue my way...I hope they didn't change their spot...", chaos said, looking around the tower for any sign of a human, but she only saw bunnies hopping around on the meadow next to the tower.

"I think they didn't change honestly, I call you later Bae", IRyS assured her wife, she was very focused on the main goal, which was getting as much support as possible and kill that thing. For Kronii it was almost the same goal, since she focused on finding and saving Mumei and stopping that beast from extermination of the human species.

Baelz stretched her arms and legs and moved along with her armor to straight ahead of herself. She began running again, it was her second day being in the outside world ever since the mission started. Chaos got out of breath, the sunrise in the morning made the sky colorful and pretty, but even if the heat wasn't that high at this moment, Baelz was still sweating.

Bae put her hands on the kneecaps of the armor, trying to control her breath from the long sprint. Chaos looked around, she was somewhere nowhere, it was complete field ground. When Baelz looked forward, she took a glimpse of the small wooden bridge meters away from her. Walking near it, under the bridge was a small river and middle-sized stones. The view was awesome, Bae didn't complain at all from all the beautiful sights she got to see ever since she had been at the outside world. She walked across the bridge and proceeded with her mission. Suddenly, with a little bit of walking to the grass fields, she saw it...

"I finally found it...the rails...", she looked in relief at the rusty, old-looking railroad in front of her. Grass and flowers grew on it, the blue iris flower grew strongly there. Baelz looked left and right, where did she have to go now ? It had been a long time since she went to that place, meeting them, conflicts were the cause of their ignorance and fight. Chaos decided anyways to walk left and she did take her time to arrive at their place.

Meanwhile as the sun was rising up and the weak sunbeams were shimmering on top of what seemed like a roof with holes, probably the roof was the ground from the perspective of outside the hole. The walkie-talkie didn't wake Kronii up, it was the light from the holes of the roof. She blinked many times before her eyes could set up to where she actually was, indeed she fell asleep on the wooden chair this time. She looked around and remembered everything, how she was able to kill the men to how she actually got shot in the head to her collapsing to the ground. She made harsh movements with her hands on the head, Kronii wanted to check if she still was bleeding from the wound the bullet left her. Yet no liquid blood found on her hand, only the dry one from where she touched her head when she had been actually bleeding. Without a mirror, she couldn't see the now closed wound, but the warden couldn't also see the dry blood on the side of her face, that even went till her neck. Then suddenly, Kronii realized something....something that made her freeze from shock on the chair...

"The men...where are they ? I-I killed them...right there...", Kronii tried to find answers, but no clue what it could be. The bodies disappeared and the warden of time didn't know how...they just disappeared like an illusion, as if it never happened.

"Where are the bodies ?", Kronii's voice shook from the fear she had inside of her...she wasn't alone in there....

Living in a world without laws, everyone would do everything they desired, except of a structured society. The results were clear...chaos, lots of chaos, it made Baelz powers grow stronger. Her explosions turned far better than when she had been practicing with IRyS, it was stronger, and bigger than the other times. Those results were great for Baelz, yet she wasn't happy about it, since it meant something bad about the world everyone lived...something far worse than the destruction humanity did years ago...it was about time for the inequality of the universe...

"I can sense something...", said Bae softly, moving around cautiously just in case for any attacks that could appear. She just kept following the railroad in front of her, the flowers slowly changed into purple hyacinth flowers. Baelz regretted the fact she chose this way, something from behind attacked Baelz with sharp claws, ripping half of the armor away from her. Her back was revealed, just like the open stab and cut wounds did. The red liquid flew out of the injury, dripping to the ground. The only thing she saw in front of her before her eyes got blurry and she fell unconscious...was a person running towards her...

Kronii slowly stood up from the chair, scared something would make her disappear too. Her shiny solleret touched the ground, the clash was too loud. Kronii feared that something could happen to her, but even in her state, she couldn't be a coward, she had to find Mumei as fast as possible. She stood motionless inside the room, time passed so quick that it was noon already, the warden of time couldn't even tell it herself.

In an instant, Kronii heard noises, they were outside the room. She prepared her swords for another round of action, she despised whenever she had to take action. However, her arms went weak when she realized who or what was in front of her...