Chapter 26

A society, abandoned by the government, an unfair city full of rich people who waited for one thing, degrading the weaker and poorer. The Nanashi family wasn't different, they had once a proper home and a perfect family. They weren't the richest or the poorest, they were in between, in the middle class of society. And yet, no matter how, they lost everything, couldn't even financially support their daughter at school.

The small brown-haired girl was able to at least write the alphabet right, but sadly the grammar was hopeless on her case. Each day passing by, the young girl looked up to the clear yellowish, brownish sky with her empty golden brown eyes. The sky had its most dirtiest colors, because the factories let out a huge chemical smoke out of the giant chimney, smog polluted the air all over the place. Accidentally, a man bumped into the small child, he got angry instead of the girl...

"Hey, watch out where you're going...stupid disgusting child", complained the man annoyingly, but continued walking after insulting the little girl.

As small and lonely as she was, she wasn't worth anybody's time, not even her own parents had the time for their child. The girl always moved to a different street, but knew right away where her parents might be. So, just like the other days, she escaped yet again from society into the small forest.

She always stayed calm whenever she was around plants and trees, it was the only place she could find peace in this world. The little girl walked and walked with her bare foot and ripped-all-over, dirty, white dress into the deep spot of the forest.

A church, already destroyed and abandoned from the world around it, the girl had to pay attention at this point to not step on glass, she could bleed from her feet. When she almost reached the entry of the church, she heard a lot of stuff going on.

One of the things she heard, it was screws getting fixed on wood. The other thing she heard, was like a bonfire, wood getting burned. Another was like boiling water that was caused by too high temperatures during cooking. Finally, the one that made the little girl approach the entry more than she had already, it was a beautiful, sweet voice of a woman, singing a lullaby.

"Every day, every heart...Ri-la-ru-ra...Don't you hear the ringing?...Ri-la-ru-ra-ra-ra...", the woman sang as she was working hard on a large clock, probably fixing it. The girl stood on the side of the entry, too stunned to move or even look away...the woman was too gorgeous to look away. Suddenly their eyes met and the woman scared herself, making the girl flinch in fear.

"Gwak, woah sorry, who's there ?", the woman exclaimed, she even stood up to get a better view at the little girl. However, the girl tried running away and tripped over the scattered glass on the ground, her right hand, left knee and the sole of the feet were cut open and the now open wounds started bleeding. The little girl cried when she saw the blood flowing out of her right hand. The woman only looked at the petite girl on the ground, injured.

"Hey, why are you without shoes in here, it's dangerous here...let me help you with your injuries", the woman suggested. She only wanted to help, but when her hand touched the body of the injured girl, a strange feeling appeared, making the girl have one reflex, which was running away. Kronii tried to follow her, which succeeded. However, as the girl was around people again, she bumped hard on another man. This time it wasn't only an insult, but a kick hard on the side of the belly, she fell.

"Don't touch me you filthy scum", he yelled out while glaring in disgust. Unexpectedly, when the man wanted to kick the little girl again, he got a strong punch with the woman's fist right into his face. The man fell backwards and the woman quickly grabbed the girl from the ground and ran as fast as she could back to the abandoned church.

The girl closed her eyes, she felt warmth for the first time in years. When the woman arrived at the place, she laid the small girl next to her, opened her bag and grabbed the first aid kit she bought weeks ago at a random shop. She placed the bandages where she was bleeding, adding an ice pack for the kick on the side.

The girl wasn't unconscious, just weak and tired. The noise of liquids getting cooked was actually the woman cooking stew, because the girl smelled the delicious food. The girl sat up when she felt starvation dominating her senses, she was drooling so much, the drool came out of her mouth. The woman simply looked at her and started laughing, how cute that little fella acted, but it made sense to her.

"Want some stew ?", she asked, the girl nodded instantly, she was starving after all. The woman poured some stew into a bowl she had and gave a spoon to the girl. When the food was served, the girl grabbed the bowl and started eating fast, forgetting how hot food could burn her tongue. The woman panicked and gave water to the girl, she burnt her tongue, sadly.

"Hey, eat slowly and blow before you eat it, what about something else that's not hot ? You can eat the stew a little bit later, I promise", the woman suggested, the girl nodded again. She received an apple and ate it just as fast as she wanted to eat the stew. The woman had a soft smile on her face, but wondered, could she talk to the girl ?

"Hey uh, can you speak ?"

"Y-yes"

"Oh, s-so, how's your name ?", the woman asked, the little girl's empty eyes met the woman's blue eyes, it felt like the girl was pressured to talk.

"If you don't want to tell me, it's fine I guess-"

"Mumei...what's yours ?", the girl spoke out, making the woman silent for some seconds

"O-oh yeah my name, it's Kronii", she answered with what the girl thought...was the prettiest smile that woman ever showed.

"Hey Kronii, wake up, you dozed off", Kronii heard Baelz and IRyS' voice waking both her and Fauna up from the couches in the council library. The warden opened her eyes and was wide awake when she saw IRyS holding Mumei's diary in her hands. Quickly she stole the book from hope's hands and held it tightly around her arms.

"Nobody touches this book, understood ?", Kronii asked sternly, Bae and IRyS had to agree or else the warden would get extremely angry again. Kronii went away from the library, Fauna didn't say much to the situation, only that her opinion was to leave her alone for now.

The only thing she could do was two things, which were either going to her own bedroom and sleep, since it's night-time, or she could pay a visit to Sana. However instead of visiting the speaker of space, she went basically home and decided on going to sleep, it was too late for more chit-chats anyways.

In the outside world, two girls were alone at night, on their way for survival each day passing by. The one woman was tall and was armed with a rifle, the tank top and the shorts she was wearing made her always feel cold when it got darker. The other girl was shorter, but was armed with a sniper and a pistol, her hoodie was half tattered, but helped for the comfort. Out of the blue, something from the sky flew down at a high speed, both girls saw how it crashed near them.

"Moona, Moona, did you see that ?", the girl asked excitedly, jumping many times before the woman had to calm her down.

"Y-yeah"

"It was an unidentified flying object for sure...", the girl said in awe, Moona only gave a stern look at the girl smaller than her.

"An UFO, really Risu ?", said Moona silly, she didn't believe in aliens and lives outside of earth. Risu joked around as their new destination was the spot, where that thing crashed hard near them.

"Woah, did you see that Laplus ?"

"Yeah, should we check this out ?", asked Laplus, looking at the large smoke coming from what crashed on the ground hard. Reine wasn't against it, she just shrugged with her arms and had no decision for this.

"Let's go everyone, maybe we find something useful on our way", Koyori suggested, everyone agreed, because why not. However they decided on finding a shelter to sleep during the night, they needed to rest for sure.