Chapter 4

"N-no...way...", Matsuri was in pure shock, this was the only thing that came out of her. Her face showed signs of being in terror, the whole city was without hints of liveliness now.

Subaru was getting weaker, even putting herself on her knees, the puddle of red liquid was flowing out of the doors. The liquid seemed like it was the same type of liquid like in the streets and the dyed red plants and moss. Subaru was just too shocked to speak, even to the point that she was holding back her breath and tears.

Haato too, she was too shocked to believe something like this really did happen, the bodies were inside the buildings and houses, nobody alive found, the liquid still seemed fresh, but it was only their imagination. In the end, Haato was right, she felt a cold presence...something was inside their house.

The three girls were too scared to go further inside the city, since the streets were a single blood bath. So instead, they returned home without saying a single word to each other.

Even after the shock, they stayed inside their house and kept living there, finding a better way to deal with this current situation. Their plan first was to move into another city and find a new home, but sadly this one they had was the only one that stayed in a great state even after the destruction years ago. Their second plan was to survive in this city and eat meat that was left for them, but their resources would run out and the possibility of them finding food would be extremely low. Their third plan was to kill whatever killed an entire city, which seemed a low rate of defeating and killing it, since the bodies weren't stabbed or shot, they were ripped apart and brutally killed, didn't seem like a human killing people with that kind of force.

With the conflict and the discussions, they stayed in their house all this time. Months passed and they were still in the house, winter season started too and it was snowing. Their bodies started freezing even with their winter clothes on, no heater, nothing that could make them hot, no electricity, just, no heat for them except of their body heat and the blankets.

"We should move somewhere where it's hot girls", suggested Haato to the other two girls, both of them are trembling with the low cold temperatures.

"There's no way I'm gonna give up this place because of the cold weather and season", spoke Matsuri back, steam forming into the air when she talked. "Where should we get a better and safer place like this in the ruined cities ?", the brown-haired girl added sadly.

"Does this place look safe and secure to you ? We will die frozen at this point...Matsuri, open your eyes, it's reality...", Haato stated, now both Subaru and Matsuri were looking at the blonde, and again, she was right....they would die from the low temperature, their organs would surely stop functioning if they wouldn't choose a plan quickly.

"You're right Haato", now Subaru was agreeing with the blonde, it was the only way, moving away from the city to survive. All three of them stood up, Matsuri wanted to go along with them, it was time to take initiative.

Suddenly the ground was shaking, the girls fell on the house floor. Was it an earthquake ? Why was the ground trembling now of all situations ? Haato felt it, the cold presence...it was nearer than ever before. Finally, Haato could see it with her own eyes....

"It's huge...", Haato said breathlessly, and yet again, just like months ago, they were there in shock, no moving, no talking, no escaping. A huge black creature appeared in front of their house, it was three times the size of an average human. It moved slowly and it didn't notice the girls, it just headed down to the city.