Gale

"Toast?" Mrs. Riley asked me as we ate breakfast.

"No thank you." I smiled. Dewey gave me a reassuring smile. He knew I didn't sleep well and that I was stressed.

Something was on the news that was upsetting Syd. Tatum have her an encouraging punch in the arm. I think it was that Weathers bitch but I was too tired to pay attention.

"Hey. Wanna ride with me to the school?" Dewey snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uh... yeah sure." I said lazily. He helped me up and the four of us walked to his car. Dewey and I sat in the front and Tatum and Sydney sat in the back. The drive there was completely silent.

Dewey let Tatum and Syd out and told them they would be safe, before climbing back in the car with me. "You ok?" He asked.

"To be honest... no. Not at all." He sighed and took my hand.

"I'm not gonna let them get you. I promise." I leaned over and fell into his arms.

"Keep yourself alive while you're keeping me alive. Ok?"

"Ok."

Dewey and I spent around an hour just waiting and talking in his car. Soon he was called to go check the school.

"Hey. Stay here and DON'T leave." He told me.

"Ok. I won't leave I promise." I smiled.

I sat and waited for a few minutes before I looked out of the window and saw Dewey talking to Gal Weathers. Normally I wouldn't care, but he looked like he was fed up with her. I got out of the car and walked over to the pair.

"Of course you don't look a day over twelve." I heard her say.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed, walking inbetween them.

"Well I mean he does, except for that... upper torso area." She gave a smug smile.

"Twelve? That's what you think he looks like?" I had no clue why I was getting so defensive over him.

"Oh sweetie I'm not saying he's a bad police officer. It's just he looks... like a twelve year old. But I'm sure he saved you just fine from that imaginary killer that tried to kill you." I was just about to punch her but someone best me to it.

"I know how much you like to match so... I thought I would help you out." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked me towards the school.

I stopped him and turned back around to face her for a second. "Don't call me sweetie." I spat at her before Dewey and I walked into the school.

"So why are we here?" I asked as we went into the girls bathroom.

"Either, the killer was here, or some idiot was trying to scare Sydney. Someone in a ghost face suit attacked her in here." I leant against the door, a scowl resting on my face.

Suddenly a thought came to my mind. The killer had to be someone that was in the school. It had to be a teacher or a student. I mean the evidence all pointed to my theory. They obviously knew Casey and Steve. And the defiantly had to know Sydney to get her phone number. Plus they got mine.

"Dewey." I breathed.

"Yeah?" He asked checking the stalls.

"Dewey the killer just about has to be someone that has access to the school. I mean they knew Casey and Steve, and they got Sydney and my phone numbers. It's got to be a teacher or student." He looked over at me. He seemed to ponder it for a minute before answering.

"You have a pretty solid logic. I mean the evidence does all point to that. I don't know how we could prove that though." He seemed to think for a moment, then had an idea. "What if... what if you ride on my patrols with me. I don't know when my next one will be, but it won't hurt."

"Oh hell yeah!" I grinned. "C'mon we are gonna be the best duo ever." I laughed, high giving him.

"Hey." He became serious, grabbing my shoulders. "Don't do anything stupid. Honestly it's stupid to go with me, but please for the love of God... don't ever follow me into danger."

"Promise." I smiled.

I had been at Dewey's house when he told me that some teens were throwing a party at Stuart Macher's house.

"Were gonna drop off Sydney and Tatum, then you know just hang around. You know, make sure they're all safe." He shoved his gun in its holster and walked over to me.

"I want this to be over just as much as you, and I know you're scared, but we're gonna find the killer." He let me hug him. His hugs always worked like medicine. He would hug me before a big test or anything stressful like that in high school. They never failed to calm me down.

"Dew... what if they had got me. What if they hadn't just grazed me?" He tensed up and held me tighter.

"Dont say that Em. Don't say that. You know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something had happened."

"I just want to find them and get rid of this huge mess they've made." I sighed into his shirt. He smelt like coffee and chocolate.

"C'mon let's go." He said after a few seconds.

We got into the car with Tatum and Syd, and drove to this Stuart guys house. Apparently he was Tatum's boyfriend.

"Have fun. Not too much fun though." Dewey smiled as he let them out of the car.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" I called to them.

"Is there anything you wouldn't do?" Dewey chuckled.

"Hmmmm... probably not." I put a finger to my chin.

"Great. They're gonna get in a lot of trouble then."