Break

Later that day, at the police station, Dewey, Gale and I came across some interesting information.

"We've got three victims." He said, writing their names on a chalk board. "Maureen Evans, Phil Stevens, and Cici Cooper."

"Is Cici the girls real name?" Gale asked, her eyebrows stitched together.

"Uh, no, it's Casey, Casey Cooper." The Chief sighed.

"As in Casey Becker?" She put a finger up to her chin.

"Pardon me?" Chief Hartly looked confused.

"She was a young girl at Woodsburrow. Along with her boyfriend Steven Orth." Gale explained. I shivered at hearing their names. The names that started all of this.

"As in Phil Stevens." Dewey said beside me.

"Maureen Evans, Maureen Prescott, that's Sydney's mother." She ran a hand through her hair.

"Looks like we've got a copycat killer." I sighed. Dewey out his arm around my shoulders.

"Jesus Christ." Hartly gasped.

"What are you doing to protect Sydney?" I asked.

"Well I've got my two best men watching her.''

"Good luck Miss Weathers." The Chief said as we exited the station.

"Alright, thanks." Gale smiled.

"Dewey, Miss Vance, congrats on the engagement." He smiled at Dewey and I.

"Thank you." We said in unison.

"So I'm heading down to emissions to do some legwork, you two game?" She asked as we walked down the stairs.

"Were here to help Syd. Not right a book." I scoffed.

"Cmon! I wanna held her to. Just smile for me once." She prodded.

"I'll smile when I catch the killer." I grabbed Dewey's arm and pulled him away. "Wanna talk to Randy." I muttered.

We met up with Randy in a Bask in Robins and ironically they were doing an interview on Stab.

"I can't believe they got Tori Spelling to play Sid. You got David Schwimmer and you got Evelyn Roberts. I got some dude that played in ONE episode of Dr. Quinn." He looked oddly offended.

"Yeah, bummer." I have him a get a move on look and took a sip of my drink.

" Ok, let's get down to business. I think someone is trying to make a sequel. But you know... in real life. So it's out job to observe rules of a sequel. Number one, the body count is always bigger. Number two, the death scenes are always much more elaborate, more blood, more gore, carnage candy. " Dewey choked on his drinks little, causing me to pat his back.

"The audience just expects it. And number three, never-" Dewey cut him off.

"How do we find the killer Randy, that's what I want to know!" He groaned.

"Well let's look at the suspects. There's Derek, the obvious boyfriend, hello Billy Loomis! His knife cut kissed every major vein and artery, and he pitied on Syd." Dewey's eyes lit up.

"So you think it's Derek!" He exclaimed.

"Wait just a second. Let's assume the killer or ers, has half a brain, he's not a Nick at Nite rerun type guy. He wants to break some new ground, so forget the boyfriend thing, it's tired. So who else do we got?"

"Theres..."

"Mickey! one of Sydney's friends." I cut off Dewey.

"Well if he's a suspect, I'm a suspect. So, let's move on." Randy waved his hands in the air.