Grandkids

"Dewey!" I yelled across the house.

"What?!" He yelled back.

"Dewey we have to pick your son and his wife up from the airport!" I groaned, pulling on some skinny jeans.

"Why is he only 'my' son when he's an inconvenience?" Dewey asked, his voice getting closer to our room.

"Because that's when he acts most like you." I smirked.

"Hey!" He defended. "Oh hey." He said after I turned around. "Your ass looks good in those."

"What are you saying? Doesn't my ass always look good?" I asked, pretending to be hurt.

"No, it does. But right now... wow. You should wear those more often." He walked up behind me and squeezed my butt. 

"Hey. Hands off deputy Dewey boy." I warned. "That's not yours."

"Uh, that is not correct. Because according to the ring on your finger... it's mine to look at, or grab, or smack whenever I please." He said, in a very husky tone.

"Is that a fact?" I asked, running my hands along his chest.

"That's a fact." He nodded.

"You know for an old man, you're pretty hot." I smirked.

"Oh so I'm an old man now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, but a sexy one." I chuckled, pressing my lips against his. He quickly deepened the kiss, pulling me by the nape of my neck closer to him. I grabbed his shoulders and started to kiss him along his neck and collar bone.  

"Fuck." He groaned as I hit his sweet spot. He pushed me back onto the bed, and attacked my neck with his mouth. I could tell he was leaving hickeys but there's nothing a little makeup can't fix.

"Dewey. Dewey, we have to get Randy." I said, instinctively arching my back.

"His plan doesn't land for another hour. We've got time." I moaned as he sucked on my collar bone. 

"Fine, but make it fast." I moaned.

"Always."

We had just gotten back from the airport with Randy, when Lily shoved something into my hands. "Lily what are you- oh my God."

In my hands, was a little shirt. One for a newborn. Randy handed one to Dewey. 

(Instead of baby Smith it says baby Riley and Instead of April it says October 2021)

"Randy... is Lily..." Dewey looked shocked, wide eyed. His mouth fell open as Lily nodded her head. "Oh my God. Emma we're grandparents!" He laughed. I smiled hugely and hugged him.

"Holly hell Randy. You really are like your father." I chuckled.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"His pull out game sucks." Lily doubled over in laughter as Randy just stood there with his mouth hung open. Dewey, Lily and I laughed before I put a hand on his shoulder. "Let's go eat." I chuckled.

"I don't know if I can." He swallowed.

"So when did you find out?" I asked Lily over the dinner table.

"Yesterday when we were packing to come home I felt really sick and started to throw up. I realized my period was late and decided to take a test just in case." She explained.

"Well Dewey and I are both very excited." I smiled at the girl. She played with the ring on her finger. So did I. I twisted mine back and forth, smiling at the huge diamond that glittered in the sunlight. I chuckled a little, remembering what Randy had said about it.

"That's one hell of a rock. You'll sink straight to the bottom of the ocean with that."

"Love the Titanic reference."

I sighed and focused back in on the conversation. "Well, if you need anything, anything at all, don't hesitate to call us." Dewey smiled.

"Thank you." Randy and Lily both said.

"We better be getting back to the house. We've got a hell of a lot of unpacking to do." Randy sighed.

"Be careful." I smiled.

"Always am." He smiled.

I laid in bed with Dewey that night thinking about the new baby on the way. "Do you remember what it was like when we were expecting?" I asked.

"Yeah. It was terrifying. I was horrified that I wasn't qualified enough to be a parent." He said.

"Me too. Our kids turned out pretty damn good though, didn't they?" I chuckled.

"They did, and so will this new kid. They'll be just as good."

"They will. God I can't believe we're grandparents." I laughed.

"Me either. You know 25 years ago, when we kissed for the first time, I definitely didn't think that we'd be laying her in our bed discussing our grand kid one day." Dewey chuckled.

"Me either, but the past 25 years, even if a few of them were spent running from some crazed lunatics, they've been the best years of my life." I smiled, snuggling into his side.

"I love you Emma Riley."

"I love you too Dewey Riley."