Tatum's Boyfriend

"Dad! I can't find it!" Tatum yelled through the house.

"Did you look under your bed!?" Dewey yelled back.

"Yes, dad!" She said in an annoyed tone. "Where the hell could it be?!"

"How many times do I have to tell you with the language!?" Dewey yelled.

"Sorry, I'm just pissed!" She yelled back.

"Tatum Renee Riley!" He yelled.

"Sorry, sorry!"

She was looking for her phone. The one that Randy and I just so happened to have.

Dewey was helping her look for it because all it took was a pouty face and Dewey would do anything.

"Look through here texts mom." Randy urged.

"Now Randy it's none of my business unless she's doing something she shouldn't do." I told him.

"But I think she has a boyfriend." He protested.

"Tatum has a boyfriend!?" I yelled. There was a loud bang, then I heard Dewey curse, and then he came running into the room.

"Tatum has a boyfriend?!" He asked, rubbing the top of his head.

"That's what Randy said." I nodded.

Slowly Tatum walked into the living room. She had her hand behind her back and her head hung low.

"I might." She said.

"Who!?" Dewey and I both panicked.

"Steven... Macher." I nearly passed out when she said the last name. "Stu's nephew."

"Oh my great heavens." Dewey whispered.

Tatum rolled her eyes. "Just because they have the same last name doesn't mean that he's gonna kill me!" She yelled. "You have no right to be mad!"

"Honey we're not mad, it's just... that was a lot at one time." I let out a breath.

"Exactly! See I knew you were gonna sa- you're not mad?"

"No. Love we don't care who you're dating as long as we can trust them. You're right, about him not being bad just because of his last name." Dewey explained calmly. "But... this is your first boyfriend-"

"Dad."

"So I do have to take some precautions-"

"Dad."

"So that you know how to handle when he... or you want to-"

"Dad!"

"Have a little fun under the sheets."

"Dad!! Shut up!" Tatum yelled.

"I'm sorry! I don't know how to handle this!" Dewey threw his hand up and his voice cracked. 

I felt tears prick my eyes. He was Dewey. The Dewey that took me on a walk to look for a car. The Dewey that was so sweet and innocent before our lives were ruined. The playful, childlike Dewey that everyone loved. He was my Dewey.

I felt a tear slide down my face as I smiled at him trying to explain to our daughter how to have safe sex.

"I don't know! This is not my area of expertise! I mean your mother got pregnant with you on our honeymoon!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!" They both screamed, horror on both of their faces as they realized what he had said.

His voice had cracked again, and he had the same look of boyishness on his face. He didn't look like Dwight, he looked like Dewey.

Dewey managed to explain safe sex to both Tatum and Randy without my help. That was a work of God right there. I laughed, thinking about it as we laid in bed that night.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"You. When you and Tatum were talking... your voice cracked, and you started to act like you did before all of this shit with ghostface. It was... I don't know."

"Do you think I've changed, Em?" He asked, his expression becoming worried.

"Dewey, we've all changed. I just miss that boyish and childish demeanor you used to hold." I sighed, playing with his hair.

"I miss things before all of this happened too. Maybe one day... it'll all be over. For good." He smiled, pecking my lips in a soft and quick kiss.

I quickly grabbed his neck, deepening the kiss, and turning it into a more passionate one. Soon that kissed turned into me straddling Dewey's lap as he made his way from my jaw to my throat.

"Dew, the kids." I sighed, pulling my head up.

"The won't know. We've managed it before." He whined.

"Yeah when they weren't scared that some dud in a ghost costume was gonna break into their window, and actually went to sleep." I scoffed.

"Come on hun. We'll be quiet. I promise you won't regret it when I'm done." He smirked.

"Dewey wha-" He rolled over onto me, causing me to let out a short squeal.

"Shhh."