The Fight

"What the hell did you tell her?!" Dewey yelled as I stormed into the house. We had been fighting ever since we left the station for lunch break.

"Nothing!" I yelled back throwing my hands in the air.

"That's bullshit and you know it!" He ran a hand through his hair. "Anything on this case is classified! Honey you know this!" 

"Listen to me, all I told her was that I would fill her in later." I said, trying to calm myself down.

"Em, if you tell her anything and someone finds out... it's your ass, not mine." He pointed a finger at me.

"Yeah thanks dipshit! Already fucking knew!" I scoffed.

"Why couldn't you just tell Gale that you couldn't say anything?"

"Because I was trying to keep her out of YOUR hair!" I thundered at him.

"No Em. No don't you blame this on me! This is not on me!" He yelled

"Why can't you see that Gale is trying to help?!" I asked.

"She's just trying to get her hands on a new story!" He yelled like it was obvious.

"No! No Dwight! This is about Sydney and all of that other shit that's happened to us! Maybe she actually cares, unlike you." I shoved my finger into his chest.

"I do care!"

"No! You fucking don't! If this is about you and your stupid respect, then it's fucking stupid! I know that you weren't respected when you were a deputy but that doesn't matter now!" I turned around, walking away.

"Well I guess we just don't see eye to eye anymore!" He called after me.

"Guess we don't, do we Dwight?" I didn't turn back to look at him.

"Well then EMMA. Why don't we just go ahead and file for a GODAMN DIVORCE!" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to look at him.

Dewey's POV:

I realized what I had said, as soon as the words came out of my mouth. "No." I shook my head. "I didn't mean that."

She looked like she was going to cry. Her eyes stared straight into mine. "Fine." She sniffed.

"What? No baby, I-I didn't mean that." I held my hand out to her as she stormed into our bedroom. 

When I walked in, I saw her throwing clothes into a bag. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"Gale's." She said coldly.

I watched as she zipped up the bag and walked over to me, wiping tears from her cheeks. She stood in front of me and yanked both of her wedding rings from her finger. "When you figure out how to think about someone other than you, I'll take them back." She scowled.

"Wh-Emma." I pleaded.

"Tell the kids what happened with the murder and that Gale's helping me figure some things out. Tell them that's why i'm not here."  She said, walking over to the door. 

"Emma. Honey please don't go. Emma I'm so-" I was cut off as she slammed the door in my face. "FUCK!" I yelled, banging my fists on the door.

Emma's POV:

I walked up to Gale's door, still mad and fuming. I knocked, harder than I intended and waited for her to open it. She smiled as she did so, seeing me.

"Hi." She said, motioning for me to come inside.

"Hi Gale." I sighed. I turned back around to face her, and noticed her eyes were glued to my left hand.

"Where are your rings?" She asked hesitantly.

"Dwight was being an asshole so I gave them to him and told him when he learned how to think about someone other than himself i'd take them back." I shrugged, trying not to cry again.

"What did he say to you?"

"He told me we should go ahead and file for divorce." I looked down at my left hand, looking at where the rings were supposed to sit.

"I might actually kill him." Gale sneered. I looked back up to see a scowl resting on her face. "What a dick!"

"He was mad Gale." I said, trying to defend Dewey for some stupid reason.

"That doesn't matter! He shouldn't have said that." Gale scoffed.

"He didn't mean it. It just slipped out." I said.

"If you're not mad, then why are you staying here? I assume that's what the bags are for." She motioned to the bag I had in my hand.

"Oh I'm madder than hell Gale. I'm just trying to prove a point." I shook my head. "Now in the mean time, I have to fill you in on everything."

Dewey's POV:

I slid down onto the floor. "Damn it. What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked myself. My radio went off.

"Dewey? We need you back at the station." The woman said.

"Yeah I'm coming." I sighed.

"Bring officer Riley with you." She ordered me.

"Um, something came up. She's going to the doctor with some... woman things. She's taking the rest of the day off." I lied.

"Whatever's fine with you. 4-10." I didn't respond.