gemini is ruled by mercury!

"Damn Fortune really has it in for you this month, Heyi!" Chanty said, smiling as she looked up from the horoscope section of GP 999 magazine

Heyi looked at her best friend in amusement. "Oh, yeah?" she asked. "What does Lady Luck have to say?"

Heyi and Chanty were surrounded by their friends Liz, Chaewon, and Jongho at KSN ice cream parlor on Monday afternoon. They had decided to stop in for some cool refreshments after school to get out of the hell like heat. It feels like they are in a free trial in hell. The usually balmy place had been bathed in a heat wave for two weeks.

All eyes turned expectantly to Chanty, who took a long look at her Vanilla ice cream. "Well," she said slowly, savoring the attention, "it looks like Gemini is headed for a roller-coaster ride in the romance apartment."

"Did I hear Gemini?" Jongho, the always winner of school singing contests, laughed. "The lovely Jung siblings are Geminis."

"What else?" said Heyi, tilting her fountain glass back to get the last drop of her milk shake. "And with the way my love life has been doing recently, I'd welcome on a roller-coaster ride!"

"Listen to this," Chanty said. "Heads up, Gemini. You're entering an emotionally and physically turbulent phase. Planetary activity is heavy this month as the Sun and that trickster Mercury pass through the most sensitive area of your chart...."

"Mercury! Gemini is ruled by Mercury!" tall, blond Liz said in alarm.

"So what?" Heyi said, turning to her.

"Don't you remember what the horoscope hotline said?" Liz asked. "Mercury is in retrograde."

"Mercury is in retrograde? What does that mean it's backpedaling?" Jongho inquired.

Chanty, who had suddenly become an expert on the subject, said pedantically, "When Mercury is in retrograde, unconscious forces surface, and everything goes wrong."

"It's like Murphy's Law," Liz added, relaying what she'd learned from the hotline. "Everything that can go wrong, will."

Chanty looked at Heyi meaningfully. "Girl, are you in trouble. I hope you don't have any big plans!"

"Oh, come on, Chanty," Heyi scoffed. "Don't tell me that the movement of the planets is going to affect my actions. Maybe you are at the mercy of the stars, but I'm always in control of my destiny."

"Just giving you a friendly tip, Girl." Chanty said.

"Well, with Mercury in retrograde, we should all be careful," cautioned Liz.

"Yeah, it's a good week to just lay low," Chanty agreed. "In fact, I think I'll put off my fabulous masquerade ball for at least two weeks."

"Aw," Jongho said, pulling a sad face. "Chaewon and I were all set to come as the sun and the moon." Even though pretty, brown-haired Chaewon and lanky, knobby-kneed Jongho really were like the sun and the moon in the looks department, their shared fun-loving natures made them a perfect match. "Baby, baby, you're my sun and moon. Girl, you're everything between
A lot of pretty faces could waste my time but you're my dream girl~"