* intervention

"Wonyoung, I don't know why, but I'm giving you one more chance," San said

"Wonyoung, I don't know why, but I'm giving you one more chance," San said. "Even though you appear to be completely incapable of performing even the simplest task."

Wonyoung, Wooyoung and San were at Maddox Pizza Palace Sunday afternoon, where they had met to come up with a final plan. They were sharing a large vegetarian pizza heaped with avocados, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and eggplant. Wonyoung and Wooyoung had told their parents they were going to the library to study.

"Any word from your mother about the flowers?" Wooyoung asked.

"She hasn't mentioned them to me, so I think we're safe," San said. "Maybe she still thinks my ther sent them as a secret gift."

"What about the tape?" Wooyoung asked nervously. The siblings had decided not to tell San of the previous day's fiasco, sure it would send him over the edge. They hadn't quite figured out how to explain the tape that Mrs. Jessie received it, but they had decided to worry about that when the time came.

"No, nothing," San said, looking dejected. "She just got home from the hospital last night, and I haven't seen any signs of a reconciliation."

Wonyoung breathed a sigh of relief, taking a second slice of pizza dripping with cheese and putting it on her plate. "I don't even know why we're bothering," said San, throwing up his hands in disgust. "I heard my Dad talking to Mr. Huening this morning. They're meeting with the Huenings on Tuesday to sign the divorce papers."

Wonyoung and Wooyoung gasped. "They're signing the actual divorce papers?" Wonyoung asked in shock. She looked down at the table.

"And your father," Wooyoung asked falteringly. "Does he want a divorce?"

"No. From what I could hear, I don't think he wants to go through with it. I guess she insisted," San said gloomily.

"But I thought he was spending all that time with your mother at the hospital," Wooyoung said.

"Well, I guess it didn't convince her," said San. Wonyoung opened her mouth to say something about Aries' stubbornness, but thought better of it.

"Oh, let's just forget it. There's no hope," San said, pushing back his chair abruptly and standing up. "I guess it's just not in the stars," he added bitterly, looking in Wonyoung's direction. She winced and looked away.