a good reason for not showing up

"Hey, didn't expect to find you here at Wooyoung's table," Yeonjin said, setting her tray next to his and bending down to give him a quick kiss

"Yeo!" Wooyoung said, his face lighting up. "I thought you'd be busy with volleyball practice."

"No, we're just meeting after school-afternoons and evenings," Yeonjin explained. She was taking part in a week-long midseason volleyball camp. She was the star of the Angelwood High Python and was accustomed to putting in long, arduous hours of practice.

"Afternoons and evenings!" Wooyoung exclaimed. "Between your volleyballball camp and me being grounded, we'll never get to see each other."

"We'll just have to make the most of it when we do," said Yeonjin, nuzzling Wooyoung's neck.

San scowled. "Oh, hi, San." Yeonjin said, noticing him for the first time.

"Hotdog," San bit out. He pushed back his chair abruptly. "Look, I'm getting out of here. Your flaky sister is clearly not going to show up."

"Wait," Wooyoung said, anxious to keep the peace. "We'll come with you to history class. Right, Yeo?"

"Sure," he said agreeably, grabbing his burger off his tray and gathering his books.

Wooyoung, Yeonjin and San left the cafeteria together and made their way through the crowded corridor toward their lockers. Wooyoung was pleased at how Yeonjin was trying to be friendly to San. He squeezed her hand as San shuffled alongside them with his shoulders hunched and his head down, mumbling complaints about Heyi's irresponsibility.

"I knew this was a bad idea," he grumbled. "Can't count on her for anything."

"I'm sure Heyi has a good reason for not showing up," Wooyoung said, sounding more confident than he felt.

Suddenly they heard a muffled voice. "Help! Help!" the voice said. "Get me out of here!"

Wooyoung looked around, alarmed. "Have you heard that?" he asked the others.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"It's coming from Heyi's locker!" Wooyoung exclaimed, running to his sister's locker.

"Somebody's in there!" Yeonjin said.

"Help, please help! Somebody help!" came the voice again, louder.

"It's Heyi!" Wooyoung said, recognizing his sister's voice.

"Geez, the master of love matching locked herself in," San said. "Very funny."

They hurried to her locker. "Heyi, we're coming!" Wooyoung called.

"How could she get stuck in her locker?" marveled Yeonjin, shaking her head in wonder. "It's just not possible. It's literally impossible to do."

Bam! Bam! Bam!

The locker door shook. Heyi's books and belongings were scattered all over the floor.

"So what happened, Heyi?" Wooyoung urged, worries were plastered on its face.

"I finally found my paper, but it was stuck in a corner of my locker, you know, in one of the cracks at the top. I had to sort of wedge myself in there to get it. Then a huge crowd of football players walked through the hall and knocked the door shut by mistake." Heyi explained.

"Hey, Woo, this could make the front page of HALA HALA?" said San with a grin. "The famous matchmaker Jung Heyi Found in a Locker. Football Team Arrested."

"It's not funny, San. I could have suffocated in there!" Heyi said indignantly.

"Well, did you at least retrieve your English composition?" asked Yeonjin.

"Yep. See?" Heyi said proudly, holding up a mangled piece of paper with a tear across the middle.

Just then she spotted Jeong Yunho standing with a small group of seniors across the hall, watching them. 'He must have seen everything.' she thought in despair. Her heart started thumping loudly in her chest, and bright pink circles popped out on her cheeks.

"Oh Wooyoung," she said loudly to Wooyoung, "I'm so glad you came! I've been calling Wolyoung for help but she wasn't around..."

Wooyoung stared at her in amazement, and the same time worried. "Are you sure you're alright? Maybe the lack of oxygen has really gotten to you."

"I'm fine," Heyi hissed. "Keep your voice down."

Wooyoung looked at her anxiously. "Look, we'll take care of your books," he said, indicating the contents of Heyi's locker scattered across the hall.

"Why don't you just go ahead to class and sit down?"

"Thanks, Woo!" Heyi whispered, grateful to escape from the awkward situation. She quickly squeezed her brother and ran off.

"Hey, San," said Yeonjin, as she and Wooyoung began to gather together Heyi's books. "Mind helping us?"

San cast a disdainful glance at Yeonjin and began picking up books. "Beautiful, this is just beautiful," he muttered to himself as he threw Heyi's books randomly into her locker. "Heyi doesn't show up for our meeting, Heyi locks herself in her locker, and now I'm cleaning up after her!"

Wooyoung rolled his eyes while picking up the books. "I think my sister is having an identity crisis... calling Wolyoung, our youngest sister where infact, she's not studying here."

"Or maybe it's because of that astrology thing. She's literally obsessed with those stuffs." Yeonjin said.

"If she was my sister, i'll probably sent her to an asylum."

"Just shut up Choi San."