* little matchmaking

"So, did you hear about the beach barbecue tonight?" Yena asked as she accompanied Wonyoung to her locker on the way to lunch on Friday

"What beach barbecue?" Wonyoung asked.

"Jongho and Chaewon decided in the homeroom today to throw a Bring-Your-Own-Burger barbecue for the entire junior class tonight," explained Yena. "But I guess you won't be able to make it, because you're grounded."

Wonyoung shrugged her shoulders, annoyed at Yena's overly sympathetic tone. "Oh, well. If you've been to one beach party, you've been to them all," she said lightly, determined not to let Yena know she was disappointed.

"But you haven't been to one like this," Yena said.

"Why not?" Wonyoung asked. "What's so special about this party?"

"Well, guess who's going to be there?" Yena asked tantalizingly.

"I don't know. Who?" asked Wonyoung, getting tired of her friend's game.

"Jeong Yunho, that's who," said Yena victoriously.

"Why in the world would Jeong Yunho go to a junior-class barbecue?" Wonyoung asked.

"Because I'm going to ask him to, that's why," Yena declared. "At lunch today. I'm going to just— Hey, looks like you've got an admirer, Wonie," she said, interrupting herself.

"Where?" Wonyoung looked around wildly. Yena pointed to Wonyoung's locker. Leaning against the locker was a huge bouquet of brightly colored spring flowers.

"Flowers! Who are they from?" Wonyoung exclaimed, knowing exactly who: Jeong Yunho. It would be just like him to make a sophisticated gesture like this, she thought. Self-assured guys always act like this. They play it cool, they act uninterested, and then they go in for the kill.

"You sure you want to ask Yunho out when he's sending me flowers?" Wonyoung asked slyly, picking up the card. She began slitting open the envelope, then noticed it was addressed to Wolyoung. She dropped the card as if she were burned.

"It's for Wooyoung," she said in disgust.

"Oh, what a shame," said Yena, a triumphant smile playing on her lips. "What are the flowers doing in front of your locker, then?"