plan b

Much later that evening, Wooyoung walked exuberantly in the front door of his house, his face glowing

Much later that evening, Wooyoung walked exuberantly in the front door of his house, his face glowing. It felt so good to have things back to normal again with Yeonjin. He paused for a moment in the foyer, puzzled by the house's silence.

"Hello! Anybody home?" he called.

"Wooyoung, we're in here," his father called from the living room.

Uh-oh...

His Mom's words at dinner suddenly came back to him. This is it! Wooyoung walked into the living room to find his parents sitting together on the sofa and Heyi slumped dejectedly in an armchair, an embarrassed look on her face. Shinhye was sitting up straight with his arms crossed, and his Dad, Geun-Suk was wearing a light windbreaker, as though he'd been out.

Nope, Wooyoung thought with foreboding as he took a seat in a chair near his sister. This doesn't look good.

"Dad, why do you have your jacket on?" He asked.

"Oh, I just got back from fetching Heyi from the police station," his Dad said lightly. Heyi squirmed in her seat, her face flushing.

"What?" Wooyoung gasped, looking from his Dad to his Mom.

"Your sister was trying to retrieve a letter from the mailbox," explained Shinhye. As his Mom recounted the evening's events, Wooyoung's heart started thumping in his chest. Were they in trouble for trying to help San?

"They wanted to press charges," said Geun-Suk, taking over from his wife, "but my law firm has done so much work with the precinct that they just let Heyi go with a warning." He looked at his daughter sympathetically. "I think they were just trying to scare you, darling," he said.

"But that's not why we're here," said Shinhye. Wooyoung's heart began pounding so loudly that the sound of it filled his ears. Had Heyi told their parents what the letter was? He held his breath as he waited for an explanation.

"We're not concerned with Heyi's letter. After all, Taylor Swift is in the United States," Shinhye continued. "Of course Heyi is going to write to her."

Wooyoung let his breath out in a rush. "We're concerned with last week's, er, escapades."

"We're both grounded," Heyi burst out. "For a whole week. For holding a pool party here on Saturday night without their knowledge or permission."

"That means no dates, no visits to the mall, no parties," said Geun-Suk firmly. "But of course, Heyi is free to go to cheerleading practice, and you can stay after school to work at HALA HALA," he added, his voice softening

"But it's not fair!" Heyi protested. "How come Wooyoung and I get the same punishment when he was the one who had her girlfriend living with him for a whole week?"

"Heyi, that's enough," said Shinhye, throwing her a stern look. "I believe you were the one tampering with the federal mail tonight."

Heyi sank down into her chair, looking as if she had been dealt a fate worse than death.