* morning's blow-dryer incident

Wooyoung sat alone with his journal in the cool kitchen early Thursday morning, lost in thought about the Choi situation

Wooyoung sat alone with his journal in the cool kitchen early Thursday morning, lost in thought about the Choi situation. His black mood was at odds with the bright sunshine pouring into the room. A cold cup of coffee sat untouched in front of him.

After the fiasco of Plan Two, Wooyoung was beginning to doubt their ability to get San's parents back together. Choi's impending divorce proceedings loomed nearer with each passing day. It seemed as though all their efforts had only succeeded in pushing Mr. Hongjoong and Seonghwa further apart.

"Maybe Wonyoung was right after all this Mercury-in-retrograde stuff." Wooyoung uttered, starting to feel desperate. We have just got to get San's parents back together. He was beginning to realize that his interest in the Choi's was not entirely altruistic. He needed them to get back together to reassure himself that his little fling with San had been just that: a fling.

Wooyoung opened his journal to an empty page. He wanted to sort out his feelings, and it always helped to get his thoughts down on paper. Wooyoung hesitated for a moment, biting thoughtfully on the edge of his pen. Then he leaned over his composition book and began to write.

"Yeosang can't understand why I want to help San so much. I've explained to him that San is my friend and that I know what he's going through. Yeosang acts like he understands, but I know he's still sort of baffled. I guess I'm not being completely honest with him. But how can I tell him that I need to know once and for all that San and I aren't meant to be together? Do the parallels between my relationship with San and Dada's romance with Mr. Seonghwa make me uncertain? After everything that happened, how can I tell him that I'm still plagued with doubt?

"Everyone always says that I'm a carbon copy of Dada," Wooyoung continued steadily. "Sometimes I wish I had lived in the sixties, like him. Everything seemed so idealistic then-peace and love and all that... bell-bottoms, long hair, love beads, peace signs. Dada was so radical at college, always taking part in campus sit-ins and protest marches. I guess I'm a lot like him-concerned with social issues."

Wooyoung paused, thinking back to his own attempts to establish social justice. He had recently printed a controversial article about sexual harassment in HALA HALA, despite administrative restrictions, and he had organized a Jungle Prom to promote environmental awareness. Hebbent his head and continued to write, the words pouring forth in a rush.