phase one, 5:00 AM. phase two, 9:00 AM

"This way, San." Wooyoung said, guiding him through the crowd at the PJS Burger Tuesday afternoon. He had just spotted Heyi sitting at a coveted corner booth. Since their lunch meeting had been a nonevent, they had decided to reconvene at the PJS Burger.

"It's way too crowded here," San said, looking around the restaurant in dismay. He had been hoping they would be able to talk alone. If they were seen by any of their friends, that would be impossible. Not to mention how lonely their billing made him feel. Longingly he thought of Mingi, then quickly banished him from his mind. He'd blown it with hee, and that was that.

The wooden booths and tables were jammed with their schoolmates talking animatedly and devouring the PJS Burger's famous burgers, fries, and milkshakes. A group of sophomores was huddled around.the jukebox, arguing about what song to play next. Even the game room was packed, resounding with bleeps and pings from the video games and peals of laughter from the participants.

"I know, I think everybody from Angelwood High must be here." Wooyoung whispered, ducking his head as he noticed Lily sitting with his boyfriend, Jinhyuk, at a small wooden table across the room.

"Oh, no!" San said, already panicking. "There's Jeongin and Seungmin! And Jungwoo with Rei and Hangyul."

"Just keep your head down and look straight ahead." Wooyoung advised as they edged their way surreptitiously through the throng of young people.

They made their way unnoticed through the crowd and slipped into the booth with Heyi, whose head was stuck in her Love Signs book.

"Oh, hi, Heyi. Glad you could make it," San said sarcastically. "I thought you might have gotten locked in your car."

"Very funny." Heyi said.

"Or zipped up into your cheerleading bag," San went on.

Heyi didn't look amused. "Sometimes you can be so childish."

"And sometimes you can be so klutzy," returned San.

Heyi gave San a dirty look, but refrained from commenting. She was wondering if she would have the perseverance to endure his obnoxious personality, but she had seen Jeong Yunho at a corner table when she had walked in, and that had stiffened her resolve to impress San with her cunning. "Now, listen to this. It's about a Cancer woman," she said, reading aloud from Chanty's book. "Of course, it's equally true that her Crab-like trait of hanging on, when it comes to love, is an indication of her inclination toward loyalty and faithfulness."

"Heyi, don't you think we've got more important things to discuss?" Wooyoung asked, relieved to see his sister back to normal.

"More important?" Heyi protested. "What could be more important? This is the proof that San's father isn't having an affair."