it's not what you think!

Mrs. Yoon walked toward the Huening's building at a fast clip, a strong, determined look on her face. This would be the first time she had seen her husband since she had moved out of the house, and she wasn't looking forward to it. She was determined to get through their meeting with as little contact as possible.

"Good morning, Sarang." said Mr. Choi awkwardly as he caught up with his partner.

"Hello, Minhwan." replied Sarang coolly, dismayed that they had arrived at the same time.

Minhwan coughed uncomfortably. "Uh, quite a storm we had this morning."

"Yes." She said, wishing he wouldn't bother with the pleasantries.

"Too bad it didn't cool anything off," said Mr. Choi, feeling the air with his hand. "It's still as hot as the Sahara desert. At least it's clearing up now, though."

Sarang ignored him, hurrying toward the glass doors and opening them before he could do it for her. She couldn't believe that he was acting as if everything were normal. After she had moved out, Mr. Choi had made no move to get her back. He had agreed to go through the divorce proceedings without a struggle. Even though her husband hadn't admitted he was having an affair with Mrs. Lee, the fact that he had given up so easily on their marriage was proof enough for her.

Once inside, Sarang walked rapidly past the security guards and up to the elevator bank, pressing the call button of the elevator. Tensely wringing her hands together, she waited for it to come. Minhwan joined her, and they stood waiting in awkward silence for several minutes. She pushed the button again. Nothing.

"Looks like it's out of order," Sarang finally said.

"I suppose we should inform the security guards. Excuse me," said Minhwan, making his way up to the security desk. "It appears the elevator is out of order."

"Yeah, we've been having trouble with these lifts this week," the security guard grumbled.

"We have a meeting in five minutes," said Minhwan politely. "Do you think you'll have the elevator fixed in time?"

"No, Sir, sorry to say, you're going to have to take the stairs." The security guard pointed toward the stairwell.

They turned in the direction indicated and trudged toward the stairs. Minhwan lapsed into silence again as they made their way together up the steps. Sarang seemed so unapproachable. He couldn't understand what had happened to make her so cold and remote Everything had been fine, and then one day, out of the blue, she had accused him of having an affair with Mrs. Lee. It's like she became a different person, he thought. She used to be so gracious and accommodating. Then suddenly she had become nagging and suspicious, constantly questioning his every move.

Mr. Choi Minhwan had always led a high-pressured business life, flying off to meetings with important industry executives all over the world, and Sarang had always supported him in his business endeavors. Infact, she was partly responsible for his success. He was a brilliant host whose refined manners and natural grace never failed to charm his clients. But then he had started doing business with Mrs. Lee, and his partner's attitude had totally changed. Sarang had accused him both of neglecting him and of having an affair with another woman.

He'd felt as though he was being swept along on a tide of circumstances that he was incapable of stopping. This is all her doings, he thought in frustration as he plodded up the stairs behind her. She was the one who no longer had faith in him, in their marriage. She was the one who wanted the divorce.

Well, he thought stubbornly, I guess I'll go through with it, because what's a marriage without trust? He looked up at his partner, marching methodically up the steps with her head held high. It hadn't always been like this, had it? He shook his head and continued to climb along with her, lost in thoughts of the past. The ascent is an eternity up the eight flights of stairs felt like.