for the man in my life

San dropped off his partners in crime and returned to his house

San dropped off his partners in crime and returned to his house. He stepped into the elegant foyer of the Choi estate and shut the door quietly behind him. As he walked down the hall, his footsteps echoed eerily in the silent mansion.

He paused for a moment as he hung his raincoat in the closet next to his father's, his mood changing rapidly from exuberance to solemnity. "For the man in my life," his Dad had said, beaming after she'd bought the matching Burberry raincoats and scarves for San and his father. They had been on a family vacation together in London.

San smiled, remembering how Mrs. Yoon had sewed name tags on the coat labels because the two of them were always mixing up their clothes. San had lost his scarf since, and San and Seungyoun- his cousin who lived with them-were now the only men that remained in Mrs. Yoon's life.

San shook his head and headed up the stairs, lost in thought. After London, they went to Scotland and Ireland. He remembered his parents posing next to the statue of Rodin's "The Kiss" at the wax museum in Dublin, and holding hands like teenagers as they wandered through Edinburgh. San had been sullen for most of the trip, unhappy to be dragged around Europe with his parents. He regretted his attitude now.

He regretted a lot of things now, he realized as he got ready to go back to bed. There was only one person in the world who could make him feel better, and he had driven that person away.

After his ex-girlfriend, Lee Simyeong had died, San had thought he would never fall in love again. He had vowed never to have another relationship, never to make himself vulnerable again. Playing the field, dating all the girls he wanted without getting attached, had been his game plan for a long time. But when Mingi had come into his life, all that had changed. Mingi had softened him. He had made him open up again. He pictured him on the tennis courts, his graceful figure smoothly crossing the court as he returned a powerful backhand.

San's eyes clouded over. He had never felt so alone in his life. Then he shook his head. There was no point in feeling sorry for himself. His parents were his top priority now. He needed all his energy to get his family back together.

San lay in his bed in the silent Choi mansion, tossing and turning. In just four hours, my parents will be together in the same room, San thought, his stomach tightening, thinking how high the stakes in Wonyoung's little game of sabotage actually were. His whole life hung in the balance.

 His whole life hung in the balance

vv short update 미안해🙇🏽‍♀️