* fender-bender

San drove along Valley Crest Drive on his way to school on Wednesday in high spirits

San drove along Valley Crest Drive on his way to school on Wednesday in high spirits. He rolled down the suntop and leaned his head back, enjoying the feel of the fresh morning air whipping through his hair. The heat wave had finally broken, and his parents were back together. His mother had already moved back home.

San whistled happily as he coasted into the parking lot at Angelwood High. Now that his parents were taken care of, he thought as he pulled expertly into a parking spot and cut the engine, it was time to take care of himself. He jumped out of the car and headed toward the tennis courts.

When he got there, he saw Mingi sitting on the bench. He was watching a game in action, waiting for his turn to play. "Hi, Mingi," he said softly, sitting down next to him.

Mingi turned his head in surprise. "Oh, hi, San," he said flatly. He turned back to the game, watching intently as the ball was lobbed hack and forth across the net.

"Mingi, do you think we could talk for a minute?" San said. He looked at him intently, a searching expression in his eyes.

"Sure, talk away," said Mingi, shrugging his shoulders.

"I came here to explain why I've been spending so much time with Wooyoung." San began. Mingi listened in silence as San told him about the series of plans he and the Jang siblings had come up with to get his parents back together. By the time he got to the final intervention plan, Mingi was laughing out loud.

"Not that I think it's funny that your car broke down," Mingi explained, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes. "It's just unbelievable that so many things could go wrong."

I know," said San, shaking his head. "It was one disaster after another Wonyoung ought to change her name from Wongyoung to Wonold.

"So what finally happened?" Mingi asked, his voice turning serious.

"Well, I think they worked things out themselves." San said. "I guess my father finally came through. My mother moved back home yesterday, and they're planning a second honeymoon to Paris."