* a marriage without trust is no marriage at all

Wonyoung lay in the bathtub Monday after dinner, luxuriating in a foam bath

Wonyoung lay in the bathtub Monday after dinner, luxuriating in a foam bath. She was trying to relax before the evening extravaganza.

This is really our final chance, Wonyoung thought. She felt anxious about the night to come. Wooyoung was fed up with her, particularly after the tape incident, and San had lost all faith in her. This was her last opportunity to prove to them that she really could get San's parents back together. Well, she thought with determination, there's no way tonight's plan can fail. She would show them that she was still the queen of scheming.

Wonyoung turned her thoughts to happier matters, envisioning her date with Yunho on Tuesday. She could just imagine the night: a romantic candlelight dinner at the Beach Café, a moonlight walk on the beach afterward, their first kiss.

Wonyoung imagined the moment as if she were looking at a movie screen. She pictured Yunho standing coolly against the crashing waves, a dark, silent James Dean with a cigarette dangling from his mouth. No, she thought, scratch the cigarette. Bad breath. Anyway, he watched as she drove up in her Jeep, her long black hair flying. They embraced, silhouetted against the moonlight. Wonyoung settled dreamily in the bubbles, her feet playing lazily with the bathtub faucet.

Wonyoung leaned back comfortably and felt a pull at her toe. She pulled again gently, then harder. As she realized what was happening, her eyes opened in horror. Her toe was stuck in the faucet!

"Wolyoung!" Wonyoung screamed. "Wolyoung!"

"What is it?" Wolyoung said, flying into the bathroom. It was like walking into a sauna. The room was steamy from the hot water in the tub and the mirrors were fogged over. "Wonyoung! At a time like this, you're taking a fucking sauna?!"

"Wolyoung, my toe is stuck!" Wonyoung cried. Wolyoung leaned down to inspect the situation. "You're letting cold air in!" She complained, shivering in the tub.

Wolyoung slammed the bathroom door shut and examined Wonyoung's toe. It was stuck, all right. She took Wonyoung's foot in her hand and tugged gently, but couldn't ease it out.