Prologue

A/N - I have written several fanfics before, but this is my first Grey's Anatomy one. It appears that I now hardcore ship Meredith and Addison. I still love MerDer but I just think my gayness comes through and makes me ship Merddison big time. This will be based of events that happen in the show, some with my own little twist, and some things that didn't happen on the show. No copyright infringement is intended AT ALL. There will be some smut at some point, you have been warned. The majority of the chapters of this story will be pre-written. At the time of writing this I have about 13 chapters written already. They are just drafts, so I can come back and edit them before uploading them and to see your thoughts on them to see if there's anything I can change.
I hope you enjoy the story and please leave your feedback, I love to know what my readers think of the story an having your input. Enjoy!

-Catherine x

"I'm going to tell you what your mother would say if she were here. You're making a mistake. A big one."

"And I would tell her that it's not a mistake.."

***

Down in the hospital lobby Derek is sat waiting for his girlfriend, Meredith. She felt content with her life in this current moment. Things were falling into place, and everything seemed to be going right for her. She actually felt some form of happiness. Which is rare for her, since she's all dark and twisty as her friends would say.

"Long day?" Derek asked her as she approached him. They had spent the previous few hours operating on their cheif of surgery who had a brain tumour. And Meredith was an intern, so her days were always long and always crammed with something.

"Yeah."

"Somewhere out there, is a steak with your name on it. And maybe a bottle of wine."

Meredith's eyes lit up at the sound of wine. Even if she is a tequila kind of girl.

"This is why I keep you around." She chuckled back.

"Also, we need to talk." That one sentence that always strikes fear into you.

"Wine first, talk later." Meredith replied.

"You trying to get me drunk so you can take advantage of me?" Derek laughed back.

"I think I'm going to like this whole 'rules' thing."

Derek stands up from the chair and gathers his belongings together whilst Meredith is putting on her coat. He helps her straighten her collar and says,
"Me too."

He looks across the lobby and is shocked to see her walking this way. She was tall, slim, red haired and fabulous. In that moment, he completley froze. He felt the impending doom. Or rather, impending drama. He turns back towards Meredith.

The woman begins walking over towards the pair.

"Meredith, I am so sorry." Derek says. Meredith just stands there, confused about why he was apologising.

The red haired woman then stops right in front of them, whilst Meredith is still stood there, confused, and wondering what the hell was going on.

"Addison." Derek says. "What are you doing here?" He asks. Making Meredith more and more confused by the second. By this point her heart was racing. She was about to go to dinner with her boyfriend until this gorgeous woman approached them, who also somehow knows Derek.

"Well, you would know if you bothered to return any one of my phone calls." She replied bluntly before turining her attention to the intern stood with Derek.

Addison extends her hand to Meredith,

"Hi, I'm Addison Shepherd." she says as Meredith slowly begins shaking her hand.

"Shepherd?" This couldn't mean what she really thought it meant could it? Maybe they were related somehow, siblings maybe? Derek did mention that he has 4 sisters, so maybe she was one of them right? Or could it really be what her gut was telling her?

"And you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband."

It was exactly what her gut was telling her. And in that moment, her world imploded.