Chapter Thirty

Meredith's POV

"I like waking up next to you." I hear Addison say softly as I awake from my slumber. I'm greeted by Addison laying beside me, propped up on one arm, sun shining down on us both as she strokes my hair. I wake myself up with a rub of my eyes before giving her a smile in return.

"Mmm and I like waking up to you." I say back to her sleepily. Her hand moves down to my exposed shoulder and begins stroking it there. There's something about her stroking me that's just so comforting for me, and I never want it to stop. She leans over and gives me a good morning kiss.

"Oohhh, I've got to get up soon and get to work." I groan, really not wanting to move.

"I know, and me. I just wanna stay like this forever." Addison replies to me.

"Can I just chop of your hand and bring it with me so you never have to stop stroking me?" I ask with a small giggle at the end.

"If you did that then I don't think I'd be able to do surgery ever again. And.. well, that would suck." She laughs at me. "Come on you, let's get moving then." She says to me, pulling the duvet of the pair of us before giving me a quick soft slap on the bum to get me moving and out of bed. I moan and grumble as I get myself out of bed and put a dressing gown to head down into the kitchen. I chucked a spare one to Addison to put on since she wasn't clothed either. She thanks me and gives me another kiss before we leave the bedroom and make our way downstairs to the kitchen for some morning coffee.

"Ahh freshly brewed, thank God." I say cheerfully as I pour us both out a cup each, my senses lighting up at the sight and smell of the coffee in front of me. I hand a mug full of coffee to Addison who accepted it along with a thank you.

"Oh, hey." Izzie says as she comes walking into the kitchen, not really making eye contact with either one of us.

"I take it you made the coffee." I say to her, trying to ease the tension and make it less awkward.

"Yeah, yeah I not long brewed it. Knew you'd be up soon." She replies, finally making the tiniest amount of eye contact.

"Oh, thank you." I smile to her.

"Um, do either of you want any breakfast? I was gonna make some French toast. Peace offering maybe?" She asks with a slight smile on her face.

"French toast sounds great, Iz." I smile back.

"I'd love to have some but I've gotta go soon, I've got an early surgery, but thank you for the offer." Addison smiles sweetly back at her. I forgot Addison had left before me and Izzie had spoken about the whole me and Addie thing. Izzie starts making the French toast whilst Addison finishes the rest of her coffee.

"Right, I've got to run, I'm probably gonna need to speed just to get in on time." Addison chuckles.

"Okay babe, see you later." I smile as we share another kiss before she runs back upstairs to get dressed and leave for work.

"So you two, it's a real thing then? Like, you're actually girlfriend and girlfriend?" Izzie asks me whilst she flips the French toast over in the pan.

"Well, honestly, yesterday with my outburst in the cafeteria, at that point we hadn't even put a label on it. We had been on a couple of dates but that was it. It wasn't until last night that we actually decided to put a label on it. But yes, it is the real thing." I say as I break out with a massive smiles across my mouth, "I really really like her." I say dreamily

"Wow, you've really fallen for her haven't you?" She asks me, looking shocked.

"Apprently so." I shrug my shoulders. I never expected this to happen, ever. Not with Addison anyway. But I honestly don't think I have ever felt this way about anyone.