Chapter Sixteen

NOT KATE SAYING MEDDISON FOREVER

NOT KATE SAYING MEDDISON FOREVER. IM FUCKING DYING RIGHT NOW. MY HEART. QUEEEEEENS

Meredith's POV

It turns out the errand was birthing a horse. And I loved it. It was actually so much fun. Downside, I've been scrubbing my shoes for ages but everything that's on them just won't come off. Good job they're not my favourite boots. But despite that, I'm having such a good time, it was definitely a unique way to spend your first date. So maybe this is a new start. Finn is great, he's amazing. So I want to take this slow, not rush things, because that's when things seem to go wrong.

Finn approachs me whilst I'm still scrubbing at my shoes.

"Is it coming off?" He asks me.

"Not exactly." I chuckle.

"I'm sorry." I think he might be feeling a little bit guilty, but honestly I don't care about my shoes because I've really enjoyed this night.

"Oh, don't be. It was a great date." I smile back.

"Technically it wasn't the date. It was the errand. Now.. we could go up to my place. I could cook for you." Oh no, upstairs probably means sex? No, I need to take this slow and I honestly think I'm not ready for sex with anyone right now. Plus, I'm celibate.

"Go up to your place?" I ask hesitantly.

"Well, do you want to come up to my place?"

"Yeah. I mean, no. No, I don't. I... I do. But I don't." I stammer back to him.

"You don't know?"

"No, I do. I mean, I... I know No, I don't." Why can I not get my damn words out right now?!

"All right, well, here's the deal. Um... you have two options. You could come up to my place, take off all your clothes, showed off the goo, borrow one of my shirts, and I'll cook you dinner. That's door number one, door number two... you go home. I think you ought to take door one, because, you know. It involves you naked in my apartment. But you know... that's just me." he says to me.

"I should point out that there's absolutely nothing you could say that would make me go upstairs with you. I'm kind of offended that you think that I would go upstairs with you. And you should know that I am celibate. So..."

"Shut up." he interrupts me.

"I absolutely cannot have... sex with you."

"If you choose door number one, I absolutely will not have sex with you."

"You wont?"

"I promise I won't. I won't even try to kiss you."

"Why not?" I ask. Slightly offended that he wont even try kiss me.

"Meredith." He says simply.

"What?" I ask him.

"Choose door number one."