Chapter Thirty One

A/N - some of the things that happen is this chapter are not completley in the same order as they are in the show, but I've changed it purely for storyline reasons. Enjoy!

Addison's POV

"Well the whispers and stares are finally starting to die down, I only got one person staring at me in the locker room today." Meredith says cheerfully as she approaches me in the hallway after rounds.

"That's good! See, I told you they would in the end."

"I think they've given up because they're more concerned about other things right now. Plus obviously George's dad is here with cancer and the whole heart surgery thing." She says, not giving me anymore information.

"Why's that?" I ask her, sort of wanting to know more but also not wanting to be a gossip.

"I don't entirely know, all I know is that Bailey was keeping Cristina out of the OR," Ok that can't be good, Yang loves being in the OR, "and so we're wondering what the reason for it is."

"Hmm, strange."

"Yep. I mean, this morning she was asking what I would do if you robbed a bank and I was driving the getaway car, if you got caught, would I turn myself in too, or let you go down for it by yourself or if I would stand with you. I asked her whose idea the robbery was and she just said if it was your idea, would I be able to live with myself if I walked away from you and let you take the fall.." She finishes.

"Umm, okay, I'm not quite sure what to say to that," I laugh, "but, for future reference, I wont be robbing a bank, nor do I need to, so you don't need to worry about that." I chuckle.

"Well we don't need to worry about any robberies then. Anyway, I've got to go, I've gotta get down to the pit, got multiple traumas coming in." She goes to race off but I join her, "Were you paged too?" She asks me as we pick up our pace.

"There's multiple traumas, there's a chance there could be a pregnant woman or even a woman with injuries that cross into my specialty."

***

Originally I didn't have any patients from the trauma, until a girl dripping in blood collapsed into my arms whilst telling me she thinks she was parked in the wrong place. She had glass everywhere, even a massive shard in her chest. But as I was leaving her with Sloan and Karev, they called me back to tell me she's pregnant. We took her into the trauma room when Meredith joined us again since the patient she and Burke were trying to resusitate passed away. Callie then came storming in demanding to speak to Meredith about something, I haven't got a clue what though. But once she's placed a chest tube she's gone and is then placed on another case.

The whole thing was a chaotic mess. A lot of things went down. My patient survived, as did her baby, but it was very touch and go. But now, I'm finding out all about why Bailey previously kept Cristina out of the OR. Once I was finished in surgery, I had walked out to see Meredith just looking deflated, as if she didn't have any energy for anything. As if we read each other's minds, we walk along the corridor towards the on call room and she begins to fill me in on everything that had happened.

"So, Cristina basically learnt procedures that an intern wouldn't know until 5th year, to cover up for Burke?" I ask Meredith as we go into an on call room to talk and just relax after the day we've had.

"Turns out, yes. He has a temor, from his surgery, Cristina was basically Burke in the OR. Burke was gonna be doing surgery on George's dad, but George had his suspicions and got Erica Hahn to consult on the case." Meredith tells me, I begin to stroke her arm, feeling that she would probably be upset about all if it since they're best friends and I know the stroking comforts her.