Chapter Ten

Meredith's POV

Surprise surprise, today is already off to a crappy start. We done rounds, one of them happened to be my mother and the moment she saw me, she blew me off and made me leave the room because she doesn't want me on her team and thinks I'm still a child. Despite me pleading with her to allow to me to stay so I can do my job. I walk out stunned.

The elevator dings and out steps Derek, just as I'm walking by.

"You skipping rounds?" He asks me casually. We still haven't said anything about that kiss three days ago.

"Avoiding mother." I roll my eyes.

"Meredith.." He says, stopping me from walking away.

"You've got a wife." I sigh to him. A gorgeous one.

"Yes." he says simply back to me.

"Your life is complicated."

"Yes."

"I don't need complicated. I have complicated all on my own."

"Yes." Oh my god can he stop repeating himself.

"Stop saying yes." I snap at him.

"I'm trying not to make any sudden movements." He says with a slight smile slowly growing on his face.

"You think this is funny?"

"Addison's leaving. She doesn't have anymore patients in this hospital. There's no reason for her to be here."

She's leaving. Addison is leaving. For a moment, I'm shocked. I didn't think she would leave so easily. But it means I can be with Derek again. And maybe it means I can stop thinking about her, and getting weird little flutters whenever she says certain things to me.

"No reason?" I ask him, not feeling so sure about it.

"None whatsoever." He says gently as he comes up to me and softly strokes my cheek.

"Well now, isn't this cosy? Can I join in or are you not into threesomes?" Addison says completley out of nowhere. Like I didn't even see or hear her coming. And for some reason, her saying about a threesome gives me those damn flutters again.

"I have to go." I say as I begin walking away, taking myself out of the conversation because being around those two just give me so many confusing and frustrating thoughts.

Addison's POV

Okay I couldn't help myself when it came to the line about threesomes. Derek calls out Meredith's name as she walks about from the two of us, before turning around and speaking to me.

"You really are Satan. You realise that right? If Satan were to take a physical form, he'd be you. Everywhere, all the time." He says to me whilst holding his face with one hand.

"I am so not Satan."

"How come you haven't got on your broomstick and gone back to New York, where you belong?" Wow. So we've gone from me being Satan, to now being a witch. I can't win with this guy. I knew he was stubborn, even when were together he was stubborn, but now, it's another level. Which I find strangely sexy.

"Stop being petty." I say back to him, trying to hold back the anger I feel when I say it.

"Stop being an adulterous bitch." He snaps at me. He really is coming up with tonnes of insults for me today. The elevator opens, but neither of us move to get on it just yet.

"You know, you are going to forgive me eventually, right? I mwan you can't just... I mean, there was a time when you thought of me as your best friend?" I plead with him. Tired of fighting with him, I want him back but it's getting harder and harder to fight for us.