Chapter Twenty Two

Author's Note

Hey guys! It's been a long time coming, thank you everyone for being so patient and for your kind words during this time, it means so much to me.

I've decided as a thank you for waiting for me, I'll share some pictures of ideas for the story that I wrote down, along with some sort of spoilers/other ideas that have been blurred out in some places, don't want to give too much away. But I just thought it would be kind of cool to show "behind the scenes".

As of right now, there are over 30 chapters pre-written, and along the way my writing style has changed, so even though right now my writing is terrible, I'd like to think that in a few chapters time, you will see a difference. I'm going to try my best to keep this story updated frequently, I have a lot of health stuff (mental and physical) going on at the moment so if I become infrequent, then that's why. Anyway, enough rambling and onto the next chapter, ENJOY!

Love Catherine x

Addison's POV

Meredith just runs off, leaving all three of us standing here. Finn and Derek both look at each other, confused. I don't think either of them have even noticed that I'm standing here too, they're both too occupied at the sight of Meredith running out of the hospital. And if I'm honest, I sort of am too. Do I run after her or leave her? Maybe she's regretting the whole thing. Maybe she's decided that having sex with me was a big mistake, and the guilt is taking over her too. Maybe she's realised she doesn't want me at all. Either way, there's one thing I need to do. And that is to end it with Derek. I thought we could make the marriage work, I tried to hard. I managed to stuff away all those weird feelings and focus on my love for Derek. But he didn't do the same. He doesn't love me, he doesn't want me, and he probably hasn't for a long time. Perhaps Meredith doesn't want or love me either. I need to end it with him, but I don't know when, where, or how. I can't do it right now can I? And whos to say that when I end it with Derek, Meredith won't want me after all. And that maybe it's a ploy to get back with Derek. Maybe she lied to me and told me she had feelings for me because she's sensed that Derek wants her back and still loves her, so she said all that to me, had sex with me, knowing I would end it with Derek, and so she can go back to him now that I'm out of the picture. That's what my over thinking brain is telling me. The chances of that being the case is slim, but that is the only thing I can think right now. Because she ran.