Chapter Twenty Six

This chapter is defo a filler cause it's actually quite short, sorry about that, but later on they will be getting longer, between 3000 and 5000 words per chapter.

Enjoy <3

Meredith's POV

It's been a week since my appy and I'm now recovering from home. Izzie and George have been great. They make sure I'm comfortable, they bring me food, drink, whatever. Even though I've told them both that I'm perfectly capable of getting those things for myself. At least they have good bedside manners. The pain has pretty much all gone now. I'm a little bit tender around my belly still but that's to be expected. The house is currently non stop smelling of muffins though. Izzie's been baking again. Thankfully, she hasn't been baking as often as she was after Denny died. She just keeps baking sweet treats for me. She's back at work now though, she didn't want to quit in the end, so she went back to work, but she's now under probation and isn't allowed to interact with any of the patients, she has to stick with another intern at all times and she also isn't allowed in an OR. But, she's okay with all these conditions, because she's back at work and she's keeping her head down.

I have to admit, I am getting soooo bored of being at home. I miss the hospital, I miss the OR. I miss working. Intern year is definitely not the best time for me to be struck down with appendicitis. Thank you, body. Despite the fact I'll only be off for another week, I'm gonna have so much to catch up on. The idea of that is so damn stressful. So right now, I'm still laying in bed, reading some medical textbook, determined to still get as much education as I can. The house is so silent right now, which is strange. It's rare that this house is ever silent. And I'm not completely sure if I like it or not, I'm so used to there being noise, I never really thought about what it would be like when that noise is gone.

*Ding*

My phone lights up on the bedside table, part of me hoped this was me being paged and I absolutely had to go in to work. But it wasn't that. Instead, it's Addison texting me, which makes me just as happy as the idea of going to work.

A: Hey. Wanted to check in on you, how you doing? x

M: Hii, oh god I am soooooooo bored. It's too quiet here. x

A: Stevens and O'Malley not in? x

M: Nah they're in work today, lucky bastards. x

A: Is the front door unlocked? x

M: Um yeah, probably. Why? x

M: Addison? x

M: Did your phone die or something? A dead phone battery is bad news for a surgeon, you know that right? x

I furrow my brows, concerned as to why she's suddenly not replying to my messages.

"Meredith?!" I hear a muffled shout. I'm so lost in my own world right now that I can't even figure out who's voice it is.

"Hello?" I shout back. Who shouts 'hello' when you don't know who it is that's just entered your home? That's right, me. Idiot.

"Where are you?" I finally recognise the voice as Addison's. My heart almost skips a beat as I smile widely, so this is why she asked about the front door, and stopped replying to me. I don't know how I didn't piece that together sooner, apparently my brain just didn't want to work that quickly today.

"I'm up here, in my bedroom, follow my voice you donut." I shout back to her, laughing whilst doing so.

"Speaking of donuts..." Addison says as she walks into my bedroom, finally figuring out where I am. She brings round a box that she was hiding behind her, crawls onto the bed and presents to me a box of donuts. Extremely delicious looking donuts might I add.