Chapter Seven

Meredith's POV

God, she is infuriating. Who on earth does she think she is? Pulling me aside just to find out whether or not Derek had told me what actually happened, then to tell me that there are two sides to every story. Believe me, I know that. But this whole triangle situation was just frustrating, and the fact I'm hungover and feeling like utter shit just meant that I really didn't want to be having to deal with Addison today.

Today had been a weird one so far. Originally me and George were working on a guy who arrived in an ambulance but was clearly DOA until Bailey had called me over to help her with a different patient who had a bowel obstruction. We initially thought it was drugs, and he had swallowed them to carry them, though he never actually told us what it was he had swallowed. Even when I asked him what he had ingested, he told me he didn't want to offend me. We finally had the X-Rays back where we then found out that he had 10 balloons in his bowel that he had swallowed. Drug balloons. At least that's what we thought it was. It wasn't until Alex quesitoned Dr Bailey on whether she was completley sure they were balloons, since he could see a faint face on one of them. We adjusted the lighting on the X-Ray to see if the others did. And to our disbelief, every single one of them had faces on them.

"I'll be damned. They're Judys." Bailey said in a shocked manner,

"Judys?" Cristina asked, sounding confused about why on earth this man had swallowed the heads of dolls.

"Huh. He swallowed the heads of ten Judy dolls." Bailey continued whilst Cristina just stared at the X-Ray in disgust before saying ew at the situation.

We sat down at the nurses station having a conversation about Judy dolls before I said how I had always wanted one when I was growing up before I started to faze out of the conversation between Cristina and Alex, since my mind wondered else where. I turned around and saw Addison walking past in the distance and as per, she was all leggy and fabulous, just like I said to Derek last night, and just how she arrived the night before. As much as she angers me, there's something about her that seems to captivate me. She was just so glamorous, sexy, hot, no wonder why she managed to bag someone like Derek. Urgh, Derek. Urgh to both of them. They can have each other then.

Alex ran off as soon as he saw Dr Bailey approaching us, since he was supposed to be sorting out his sloppy charts from last night under her orders. She began asking Cristina if she had swallowed a bitter pill. She then asked me to call for a psych consult for our patient.

"Do I still book the OR?" I asked her, maybe that was a stupid question.

"Blocked bowels become necrotic bowels. Check with Dr Burke. See if we can bump someone. Those Judy's gotta come out today." She replied.

And I did just that. Not long after is when psych came to consult on the patient, once he had finished, he told us his thoughts on the situation. And that was when Addison then pulled me over to speak to me. I had looked at Bailey, silently begging her to order me to go elsewhere, anything would have been better than having to speak to Addison. Instead, she then told me she couldn't help me, and then that's when our conversation happened.

As I was walking away from Addison whilst she was shouting down the hall that there are two sides to every story, I coudn't help but feel so much anger bubbling up. We were in a hospital, it's a professional setting, not somewhere for me to discuss her love life and all the issues that came with it, with her. Yes there are two sides to every story, but honestly, right now I just don't want to hear the other side of the story. It's a whole story that I should never have been involved in, yet somehow I am. At the same time however, part of me wonders what her side of the story is. Is there a reason she cheated? With Derek's best friend of all people. Or was it something else entirely?

But still, when she called me a good girl, that done something to me. A flutter. The way she said it, I don't know but there was just something about those two words that stuck with me. For some reason, it slightly turned me on. Being called a good girl. And the way she had a slight smirk when she said it. It felt as if I was in some sort of sexual situation and I was being called a good girl during. But why on earth would that give me those sort of feelings. I ended up shivering and carried on walking away.

Why did that have such an affect on me? I hated Addison, so why would those two words cause such a reaction for me?

***

A couple of hours later we made our way to the outside part of the cafeteria with our food trays, to enjoy as much of the sun as we can, since 1) we're in Seattle where it rains a lot and 2) we're usually stuck in the hospital for hours upon hours and rarely see sunlight.

"Oh that is sick!" George exclaims as we get closer to our table.

"Who would do that?!" Izzie said with shock.

Someone had put ten headless Judy dolls on the table arranged in a circle. We look over to the other table where we see Alex sitting, smiling and holding back his laughter.

"Oh," Cristina says as she picks up one of the dolls, "Look! See Judy fly." She then throws the doll towards Alex when he then ducks to the side so the doll doesn't hit him. And I just can't help but laugh about it all.

We sit down and begin eating our food when I see Addison come out and sit down alone at a table to eat her own food. I felt a little bad for her, sitting alone, but I still feel anger towards her too.

I glance up at her every now and then, and each time I look up, I see her staring at me. And just as she bites down on one of her crisps, seductively may I add, I feel that flutter again. I look around to see if Derek is around and if it's him she's trying to seduce with the look she has on her face. But as I look around, I see that he is nowhere to be found. So who on earth was she doing it to? There's no way she was doing it to me, because she wants to get back with Derek, right?

"Hey, do you see the way she's staring at me?" I whisper to Cristina and Izzie.

"Who? Satan?" Cristina asks as she subtlely looks round to see Addison still staring at me.

"Oooh maybe she's plotting your murder and how to make it look like an accident and then support Derek when he's all heartbroken about your death as a ploy to get back together with him." Izzie chuckles just as Addison begins walking over. I quickly kick Izzie under the table in a bid to get her to stop talking.

"Actually I prefer to be called Ruler of all That is Evil, but I will answer to Satan." She smirks towards us, whilst Cristina and Izzie avoid eye contact with her after realising she had heard what they were saying. "Dr Grey, may I speak with you a moment please?" She asks me. I really don't want to. Because I was frustrated by her, angry, but also confused because every time she looked at me, I had those strange feelings. And Derek is the one I love. Even if he has hurt me deeply. Even if he does love Addison. Even if I do hate his guts right now.

"I uh, I um, I have a patient I have to go and check on." I stutter as I stand up quickly, giving myself a head rush, before practically running away from her.

It was only a part lie, because he was schedueled for surgery in a while which I would be scrubbing in on. One of the weirdest surgeries I had scrubbed in on since being at the hospital, and that is saying something.

Not long after the surgery me and Cristina come across George, Burke and Derek having a dispute with a doctor from another hospital about a patient who would be undergoing a organ harvest, who potentially wasn't even brain dead. Derek begins insisting on getting an EEG and MRI done on the patient, despite the other doctor becoming more and more annoyed.

Me and Cristina just share a look about our two exes, a look as it to say 'oh yay, another pissing contest.'
But seeing Derek like that, was just hot. Because he was confident. He knew what he wanted there and then.

I just wish he knew what he wanted any other time.