Chapter Twenty Seven

A/N - so the case that Addison is on in this chapter, was a case that she was on BEFORE Izzie returned to the hospital on the show. But in this story, the case she is on, happens after Izzie returns and the Duquette M and M. A lot of the things that happen on the show will probably end up happening at completely different times in the fanfic purely because of how I want it to fit into my story. So don't worry, we haven't traveled in time and suddenly gone backwards.

Anyway, on with the chapter, enjoy

Addison's POV

Meredith has been back at work now for a couple of days and it's honestly so nice seeing her around the hospital. Every time we see each other, it's like we have this secret look where only we know what it means whereas everyone else just thinks we're looking at each other. I have to admit, sometimes one of us will throw in a little wink at each other, silently flirting with each other. I don't know about Meredith, but sometimes, just seeing her walking through the halls, swaying her hips, winking at me, I feel that familiar arousal again. I just couldn't help but stare at her. She hasn't been on my service once since she's been back at work, meaning the only time we've been able to speak is either on the phone or when we both have a spare couple of minutes. No one knows about us, well apart from Callie since she walked in on us on the night of the prom. And knowing Meredith, she's probably told Cristina Yang something.

So there's potentially only two people who know about us, and we want to keep it that way for now until we figure everything out ourselves. Considering how it may look. Meredith had not long recovered from all the whispers, stares and gossip that revolved around her when Derek and I got back together those months ago. She was a practically a human car crash and everyone slowed down to see the wreck. I hated that I caused that. Everyone was talking about her. She even kicked off at a load of staff members, including her own friends, when they had a patient with an incredibly rare condition and everyone was taking pictures of him, gathering in large amounts to see him and talk about him instead of to him. Meredith understood that pain and the feelings that came with it, so she shouted at them and kicked them out of his room.

So I can only imagine now what the rumours and gossip will be like when word gets out about us. I'm not bothered about what people will say about me. If I could, I would shout it from the roof tops that I'm lucky enough to be dating her. But considering how everyone reacted when they found out about her and Derek, we were waiting. It takes a toll on a person, being the centre of the rumour mill, and we had no doubt that that mill would start churning again the minute people found out about us. I wanted to protect Meredith from that and wait until she's ready to tell people. It's not me people would be talking about, I'm the attending her, but Meredith is the intern, who has now been with two attendings since being at this hospital. It isn't even a bad thing, but a lot of the time, as hospital can be much like high school. Where people would speculate about it all, they'd assume she was just doing it to get ahead. We both know that isn't the case, however, that'll most likely be the way people would think.

For now it just meant that the few minutes we did get when at the hospital, were in private. The little moments and the stolen stares just ending up feeling even more special than they already were. Tomorrow evening is our first date and I am ridiculously excited for it, I've already got it all planned out. It's gonna be the perfect date. Meredith still insists that last week when we watched movies all day whilst stuffing our faces with many, many snacks, classed as the first date. However, I still insist that it wasn't. Well, after Meredith had woken back up, I may or may not have terrorised her for falling asleep, but she gave as good as she got. We ended up watching some more movies before sneaking me out before her room mates returned home.

"Hi, I was paged down here by Dr Montgomery-Shepherd?" I hear Meredith say as she walks to the nurses station. I decided to request to have her on my service today since it had been a while. And it was my way of being able to see her too and spend some time together and no one would even know. Although, this may be the weirdest case to have her on with me. It's a very unusual one.