Chapter Twenty Eight

Meredith's POV

Me and Addie have been a few dates now, each one is more and more amazing. And it just so happens that each time, it leads to sex that also becomes more and more amazing. Keeping us a secret is becoming harder though, the more I see Addison, the more I want to see her, if that even makes sense. But, I want her over, I want to be able to go home with her, to share a car ride home with her, have dinner with her, to spend nights on the couch together cuddled up watching movies.. We spend a few hours together each week, alone, because any other time, we're at work, or I have roommates around. Alone time is so hard to come by. But neither one of us have actually put a label on what we are yet. We said we would try dating first and then go from there to see what to do next. We've been a few dates now but we haven't discussed anything past that.

Me, George, Cristina and Bailey walk down the hallways doing our morning rounds on patients. Addison comes to join us for our next patient. We make eye contact for a brief moment and I can already feel my cheeks heating up just from that one look. And it doesn't go unnoticed.

"Um, Mer, you're blushing." Cristina whispers to me. We know better than to speak out loud when we're following Bailey and doing our rounds.

"No. I'm not."

"Your cheeks say otherwise. Why are you blushing? Is it the She-Shepherd?" She says quietly out the side of her mouth before smirking at me.

"She isn't the She-Shepherd anymore." I whisper back.

"Okay, okay, she isn't the She-Shepherd anymore, but you didn't deny that that's why you're blushing." She giggles back to me.

"Yang! Since when do we whisper and giggle like little girls?" Bailey snaps at her. Making us both straighten up and stay silent.

"Oh, I wasn't, I was just-"

"Don't lie to me Yang, I have eyes, I can see when someone is whispering and giggling. This is a hospital. Serious work happens here." She says firmly.

"Sorry, Dr Bailey, it won't happen again." Cristina replies, giving a slight smile. We both share a look and try to hold back our laughs as we enter the next patient's room.

"Mr and Mrs Gibson, I'm Dr Montgomery. I'll be covering for Dr Pollack." Addison says as we enter the room, where I can't help but notice that Mr Gibson is staring at her. And not just because it's time to pay attention to her and what she says, he looks at her as if she's a piece of meat. He's taken aback by her. And I feel a little bit of anger and jealousy bubble up. I speak next, to try and take his eyes away from her.

"Mrs Gibson had a pre-term premature rupture of her membranes at 28 weeks." I say, reading the patient's chart. But it didn't take his eyes away from her, he is still staring at her, almost as if he isn't blinking either.

"She's confined to supervosed bed rest for 7 weeks and has a low grade fever." Cristina continues.

He is still damn staring.

"Can't you just schedule a C? Believe me, I'm ready to have this baby." Mrs Gibson says, looking exhausted.

"Hey you and me both." Her husband says. She shoots him a look, a look as if to say shut up because I'm the pregnant one, not you.

"I want to get your blood work back before we make any further decisions." Addison tells them both. Mrs Gibson gets up to go to the toilet as her husbands helps her stand up. As she goes over to the bathroom he approaches Addison.

"I appreciate you taking over my wife's case uh, uh, Dr Pollack says you're the best." Mr Gibson says to Addison. He sounds like one of those teenaged boys who don't know how to speak to other girls.